How much can go wrong in one race day?

JJmxr

Nov 14, 1999
I can't ever remember so much going wrong in one day! Only got two hours sleep, lost money, drove 3 hours, fouled plug, had cooling problems, got a bad start, crashed twice, fininshed 26th moto 1, bike wouldn't start, late to gate, and got a bad pick, holeshot moto 2 only to be taken out at second corner, charged to mid pack till I ran out of gas on last lap- DNF, drove 3 hours, and of course got to work in the morning. Please tell me your stories so I don't feel so bad :(

Shift-MX

Feb 10, 2002
i broke my arm about 4 weeks ago...and i cant ride for another 3. Hope that makes you feel better. Oh ya had to get plates and screws in, thats gotta make you feel better.

01HondaCR

May 31, 2001
Shift-mx:Ouch! I just got my cast off after 7 weeks. I had the pins but no plates or screws. But now I get to go to physical thearapy twice a week for a month because my wrist doesnt move much. Hope you dont have to go through this.

JJmxer: That far beats my worst. I've only raced three times so I dont have much too choose from but I fell over in the third corner of practice and my throttle cable got caught by a guys foot peg. It was stuck wide open on the ground. We had to load up and drive 30-45min to the nearest dealer to buy another and still managed to get back before my first moto,but didnt get any practice. Oh well not as bad as your but gave it my best shot. Any one else?

rc331

Jun 18, 2002
About a month ago my two sons and I were at our local track practicing and I watched my youngest one doing the 90 foot double, he was flawless at least a dozen times this day but made a mistake didn't get a good enough drive out of the corner and came up a little short.He didn't crash but the impact of landing on the jump face broke his ankle so he won't be riding again until next year. :ugg: so always remember....it could be worse ;)

B

biglou

I think Thunder 33 should tell his first moto stories here! Hints: Ran out of gas, broke subframe bolt right behind gas tank, etc... Funny stuff. He sent out an email titled: "Ten things Jamie learned from his first MX race!" :)

JJmxr

Nov 14, 1999
Cool stories. I hope those bones heal fast! I guess I shouldn't be complaining, no hospital visits were involved for us.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Didn't I read a thread somewhere about justql getting to the gate in his tennis shoes? Never did hear the whole story......

And Thunder 33, how about your ordeal?? Wouldn't mind hearing that one either!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom