How Much Power Does the 2023 Beta Xtrainer Make?

A

Andrew Oldar

by: Andrew Oldar

Beta offers a trio of 300 two-stroke off-road motorcycles—the highest-spec model being the 300 RR Race Edition. The standard version is the 300 RR, and there’s also the Xtrainer. Its carbureted liquid-cooled two-stroke 292cc single-cylinder engine is based on the 300 RR’s powerplant, but features a specifically designed exhaust pipe tuned for torque, lower compression ratio, spacers in the intake tract, and an air chamber in the power valve.In its inaugural appearance on Dirt Rider’s in-house Dynojet 250i rear-wheel dynamometer, the Xtrainer spun 31.7 hp at 8,200 rpm and 22.9 lb.-ft. o ...

... continues at DirtRider.Com

SOURCE:

MrMXer327

Back in the saddle and having a blast !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Add a pipe, remove the power valve spacer, adjust the power valve setting and it wakes the 300 up. It makes it easy to tune for whatever riding I am doing at the time... and the tuning is all mechanical - Including the Carb. It would be interesting to see a dyno chart with these basic changes and proper jetting.

For sure, these engines are highly tunable. I own one and find it a boat load of fun on single track and getting from one trail to the next. "Legally" as they can be plated.

As delivered - They are torquey down low and do not stall easily and are pretty mild to ride - even for a beginner. Getting the springs right and increasing the Fork oil weight will maximize what the shorter stroke suspension is capable of.
I did install the Lucky kit in my forks and upgraded the shock, but that is not needed.... I just get the urge to take it out on a moto track now and then... :)

xTrainers are about 85% the size physically of other 300's and have a low seat height. That is huge if your short and like to dab a lot in technical stuff. I like that it is pretty easy to toss around when the trails get tight.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…