How Much Power Does the 2023 Beta Xtrainer Make?

A

Andrew Oldar

by: Andrew Oldar

Z6RE657GKJEULILTUTVIVXFGAI.jpg

Beta offers a trio of 300 two-stroke off-road motorcycles—the highest-spec model being the 300 RR Race Edition. The standard version is the 300 RR, and there’s also the Xtrainer. Its carbureted liquid-cooled two-stroke 292cc single-cylinder engine is based on the 300 RR’s powerplant, but features a specifically designed exhaust pipe tuned for torque, lower compression ratio, spacers in the intake tract, and an air chamber in the power valve.In its inaugural appearance on Dirt Rider’s in-house Dynojet 250i rear-wheel dynamometer, the Xtrainer spun 31.7 hp at 8,200 rpm and 22.9 lb.-ft. o ...

... continues at DirtRider.Com

SOURCE:

MrMXer327

Back in the saddle and having a blast !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Add a pipe, remove the power valve spacer, adjust the power valve setting and it wakes the 300 up. It makes it easy to tune for whatever riding I am doing at the time... and the tuning is all mechanical - Including the Carb. It would be interesting to see a dyno chart with these basic changes and proper jetting.

For sure, these engines are highly tunable. I own one and find it a boat load of fun on single track and getting from one trail to the next. "Legally" as they can be plated.

As delivered - They are torquey down low and do not stall easily and are pretty mild to ride - even for a beginner. Getting the springs right and increasing the Fork oil weight will maximize what the shorter stroke suspension is capable of.
I did install the Lucky kit in my forks and upgraded the shock, but that is not needed.... I just get the urge to take it out on a moto track now and then... :)

xTrainers are about 85% the size physically of other 300's and have a low seat height. That is huge if your short and like to dab a lot in technical stuff. I like that it is pretty easy to toss around when the trails get tight.

Top Bottom