bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Hi guys, i debating wether to send out my suspsenion for a revalve, but want to figure out how much it will cost to ship first. PLease let me know how much it cost to ship your forks and shock.

thanks

bruce

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Shipping costs can be brutal.

It depends on where its going, how much insurance you buy, how its shipped and whether or not you pack it in your own box pay to have it boxed with spray-in-place foam, etc...

Those little packing/mail box stores charge a premium for convenience, so if you can ship it from your employer's shipping dept. you will save.

I paid about $60 to ship a set of forks to the midwest.

Sending my forks and shock to Factory Connection from CA to New England cost about $150, but I got gouged by a Mailboxes etc... franchise, so paid for convenience, box, packing material and $3,000 insurance (replacement cost for already revalved shock and Paioli forks). To contrast, return shipping cost from FC was $60.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
I shipped my suspension to Jeremy last week through UPS for a grand total of $25.52. I used my own boxes and packing and insured them for $2500. By shipping my packages through the UPS customer counter, they have to check and verify packing before allowing shipping, so leave the top of box open for them to inspect and OK. The good thing is, that if there is a problem or damage during shipping, the packaging has already been inspected and approved, which facilitates any processes involving replacing any damaged components. Most denied claims result from improper packing, and this takes that criteria out of the equation.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom