Cr 1_2_5

Nov 13, 2005
I have a 201 Yz 125 and i bought it with no manual i went and bought three oils.10w-30, 10W-40,and Automatic transmision fluid for it. will any of these hurt the trans or bike in any way? and my real question is could someone please tell me how much oil i need to put in the bottom end? Thanks

Last edited:

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
Should have the capacity stamped on the side of the case . . .

I use Mobil 1 Extended Performance 15w50.

Others prefer other oils . . .

Cr 1_2_5

Nov 13, 2005
Ok I live in chicago and its pretty cold about 30 degrees so i just put penzoil 10w-30 in it. will I be safe? i guess that is the question i am trying to get an answer to. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Cr 1_2_5

Nov 13, 2005
and as for the amount of oil. it is stamped on the side but it says 650 Cm3? What that converts to i dont know so if some one has a yz 125 or if some one know how many milliters to put in it would be a great help,because i odnt want to put to much but on the same hand to little and do damage. Thanks and yes i know im being a pest,but im learning.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
Buy a manual for your bike. There should be an oil check screw on the right side case. You take it out and fill until oil comes out the hole.

650ml=650cm3

946ml per quart of oil.

10w30 probably won't hurt anything, but if you used an oil with friction modifiers, you might have hurt your clutch plate performance . . . Do a search on here . . .

i_955

Dec 18, 2004
During your search, check for "oil check screw."
Most that have measured the quantity of oil stamped on the motor against the amount used meet the oil check screw level have found they are not the same.
I have not done this test but always use the quantity of oil stamped on the motor.

mxrider_1

Dec 29, 2005
I use 50/50 10w-30 and mercon/dextron ATF in my bottom end and it works great. As for how much oil I use a ratio rite and put in whats stamped on the case. Cm3 = CC. If you have and aftermarket cover and don't have the oil amount then find the fluid level screw on the side of the case and fill until it starts to come out.

Top Bottom