How often can you ride(on mx-tracks)?

pyromaniac

Jun 25, 2000
I always though usa as the plae to be when it comes to dirtbikes. But i heard from a guy who was over there that he could not get many hours a week on a mx-track unless he booked time for quite much money.

I would like to know how many days and hours a week you can get tracktime on tracks within 1 hour drivetime from your home. Also how much it costs you.

I have atleast 3 tracks i use to ride on. They are 30 to 45min drive from home. They are open 3 or 4 days a week, 3 to 5 hours a day. The cost is about $10 per day, unless you have membership which is about $150 a year, then you ride for free. Combining those tracks i can ride every day except friday if i want.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
We can ride 7 days a week at a track 45 minutes from home. Cost is that we work a minimum of 35 hours a year on race weekends over 8 months
We have one more track 45 minutes the other direction that has open riding Tues and Saturdays cost there is $20 per day.

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
I have 14 tracks around me, the furthest is about 1.45, they run practice anywhere from weekend only to 7 days dawn to dusk, I have 2 within 20 minutes that are both 7 days dawn to dusk, they're all about $20.00 with a one time membership fee of $20.00.

But I would rather drive 2.5 - 3 hours to ride/race in the desert

tyesai

Nov 4, 2004
The one track I mostly go to is open 7 days a week dawn till dusk for 10 bucks a shot or 125 for a year, there is also some trails on the land. I only know of 2 others within the specified driving time. One is open on wed for practice at 10 bucks and the other open on the weekends for 10.

rm_racer

Mar 15, 2005
Every Wednesday, 10 mins from my house. It was just buildt 2 years ago. 15$ a day, 4 to 8.

TheJunkMan

Jul 9, 2003
I used to be able to ride 7 days a week for nothing at a track 5 miles away from my farm (granted it was only groomed or water before races), Now out here it is limited to about 4 days a week at most tracks. unless I cruise up in the high country.

mladewig

Mar 2, 2004
Down here we can pretty much ride 7 days a week on selected tracks. Most tracks are around 20 - 30 min drive.

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
Closest track is 2 hours away, next closes is 3.5. Can only race, no practice days. Used to be able to rent the track for a day for $600 (up to 5 riders could split the cost). I think I need to get away from the stinking east coast:(

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
One track 45min can ride Tuesay-Sun 10-7pm, this is a practice track only. It's $15 if you pay for a $125 yearly membership or $20 to ride every time. The other tracks are only open once in awhile. Another track is open 2 days a week for practice, used to be more...but people had to compain about "the noise and dust polution..". That one is $20 to ride. Pretty much all of them are $15-$20 to ride on. Open twice a week minimum. Only a couple of tracks have open practice on specific days. The others kind of rotate out between all of the District tracks.

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
I could ride anyday at a private track near me...its not that great though. I'll ride at least once a week, then race about every other weekend. Hopefully! Im going to start goin up to gravity park on wednesday nights to practice, thats a real track!

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
There is a private track that is located < 20 minutes from my house that is open 7 days a week... $220/year membership and you can ride as often as you want... There are a handful of other tracks w/in 1-1.5 hours and they all pretty much cost around $10 to ride...

- B

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…