How Soon Should Power Valves Open?

razorboy

Jul 12, 2005
Hey fellas,

I had my HPP covers off last night to see if the problem with my bike could be related to them.
I had to rev the bike pretty high to get the valves to open. Is it normal that they basically open quickly at high RPM's? I thought that they would open gradually with the amount of throttle applied but was surprised to see that they stayed closed until I was really screaming the thing....

Does anyone have some factory manual information on this HPP system that they could post or email to me? I have a manual but it is not the factory one. I am interested in the proper factory method of setting up the HPP system.

Thanx In Advance....

Bernie

razorboy

Jul 12, 2005
Thanx,
It helps but doesn't give me an indication of the amount of RPM required to start to see the valves open?

CRguyStan

Dec 10, 2001
The valve is opened by an actuator that is driven via centrifigal force. Thus it will open all at once with normally a spring return that will close it quickly as well. I wouldn't want to guess when it will open, this varies bike-bike depending on port timing in the design process and such, but it will be pretty high, that is why is is hard to "stay on the pipe" because this entails keeping the bike revved high most o the time (assuming mx type riding).
Stan

razorboy

Jul 12, 2005
Thanx Stan,
I guess I will assume that my HPP system IS functioning correctly then...

Bernie

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
how does it ride, i used to have an 88 still affectionately known in this area as "the 88" :nod: it ripped , i never had any problems keeping pace with the new bikes

Top Bottom