derekk87

May 29, 2002
I was trying to richen up my needle the other day and when i pulled out the slide i realized i didnt know what i was doing, can anyone explain how i move the needle

Jman271

~SPONSOR~
Oct 18, 2001
If you got the slide out of the carb and off the cable, you are almost done. Stick a 6mm socket down into the slide to loosen the needle holder. Some holders require a 90-180 deg turn to undo it, some are actually threaded on. Lefty loosy-righty tighty. Once the cap is off, push out the needle. To lean it, raise the clip,(drops the needle further into the main jet and nozzle), to richen it, lower the clip,(raises it). There should be 5 positions to put the clip in. Stock is usually in the middle, however my 02 CR250 had a 2nd position as stock, and I have heard of other funky stock settings. You can go to www.fmfracing.com to see what came stock in your bike, they have a jetting link page that has all of the stock and recommended jetting for all bikes. Use it as a base-line, no the bible as all jetting is subject to elevation, weather, fuel, etc,,,good luck and post back. PS, make small changes when adj the needle, only go up or down 1 pos at a time!!!

derekk87

May 29, 2002
Thanks a lot but how do i remove the cable? I'm sorry if its a really dumb question but i just dont want to screw anything up.

Top Bottom