kx12504

Nov 16, 2005
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok i am new to the dirt bike thing. i just bought a 2004 kx 125 off the showroom floor and my idle is set too low. when i ride i have to keep on the gas while in neutral to keep it running. i am trying to adjust the idle on it but don't know how. i have looked at some bikes before and most of them have an adjustment screw on the carb but mine does not. please someone let me know how to go about adjusting the idle. thanks.

Morvo

Oct 31, 2005
Dunno if your bike is the same but on my old 1989 KX125 the idle was set via a big screw with a spring in it on the right hand side of the carb. I forget which way you turn it, trial and error :)

kx12504

Nov 16, 2005
no the shop did not have the manual for it when i bought it so they had to order one but i will try the choke knob thing.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
It's on the carb. Not a knob, but a brass screw and locknut on the left side.

Troyboykx125

Sep 11, 2005
I have an 04 kx125 as well......the idle adjustment screw is on the carb...its a brass colored screw...just adjust the nut until the screw is out far enuf to make it idle....but keep in mind you will lose a little low end power by making the bike idle...they arent meant to idle.

snapcracker

Apr 27, 2008
I am back on the dirt again from the 80's and 90"s and got a 2006 kx125 that hasn't idled yet. The dealer told me that it was not supposed to. So I believed him. After all, the last kx I rode had a kickstand! but I shouldn't have to gas it all the time to keep it running while I ride either. Can anyone tell me if the brass screw with the jam nut on it is the idle adjustment. It's above the air/fuel mixture screw set at 2 1/4 turns out from seated.

snapcracker

Apr 27, 2008
Thanks you guys have been a huge help to a problem that has plagued me for a long time.:cool:Could anyone have any info on the factory position of the jet needle. And is there even a to change jets or needle if your not going to be racing :think:

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom