How to assemble a 2stroke dirtbike

06KX100

Feb 9, 2008
Ok so i picked up a '98 KTM 200EXC for pretty cheap. The problem is the guy ordered all new stuff for it except for frame, motor and forks. But everything else is new in package. So my problem is that i dont even know where to begin!! Ive already got the swingarm, subframe, engine, forks, and tires mounted, but now i dont know what to do!!

Anyone know where i can find one of those diagrams that shows you what goes where and all that?? (yes i searched)

Any help appreciated!!

Thanks

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
06KX100 said:
Anyone know where i can find one of those diagrams that shows you what goes where and all that?? (yes i searched)

It's called a Service Manual. A KTM dealer might be a good place to start, and given you purchased a basket case it will be useful to get acquainted with the nearest dealer.

06KX100

Feb 9, 2008
haha
thanks!!

i wass looking on ebay and there were like 5 diff. manuals and i didnt know which one to get...so thanks

=]

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
I'll take C for 1000 Bob. The others are a parts diagram (only useful information there is where things go, but not how) and an owners manual (how to take care of it once it's together).

06KX100

Feb 9, 2008
well it doesnt matter anymore, because its together..no book needed...really not much to it...and im 15, so if i can put one together anyone can!!

Top Bottom