How to balance KDX power delivery?

aintskeerd

Aug 19, 2004
I love riding my 01KDX220, but would like to keep power from dropping off at higher RPM's.

I think that low end power is good, but it falls flat at higher rpm's.

I have seen the performance mods sections and posts, which all seem to show how to add power.

What engine mods can you make to add top end power and make the engine more flexible?

My bike is stock except for snorkle removed and holes in airbox lid. :ride:

css_elfers

Aug 26, 2004
Hey, You need to come over to my house (off mountholly-huntersville rd) and take my 05 220r for a spin to see if you like any of the mods I put on mine. In fact I'm getting ready to go for a spin now. They arte building 485 behind my house and I got permission to ride there. Also the Oakdale rd golf course was back there, they cut off four holes. You know its every dirtbike riders dream to go pop the cherry on a green.

ELF

css_elfers

Aug 26, 2004
Thats cool, I'm going tonight to troutman to look at a 97 kdx 200 for a freind anyway. My cell# is (704) 309-4954. I will be rideing tomarrow and track conditions are excellent. Call whenever but I'll be rideing around 12 and have to go to my sisters around 5 for dinner.

ELF

BJH

Nov 9, 2003
Porting the cylinder and putting a pipe on it will help. The RB carb mod including boring the throat diameter helps a bunch too.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Depends on what you are expecting to happen. The 220 isn't just a bigger 200, right? There are considerably other differences between the two bikes. You can certainly improve the upper rpm power of a 220, but you're not going to make it a screamer.

bcVulcan

Nov 13, 2002
Lot's of different stuff you can do. I would definitely get the FMF dessert/rev pipe before I did anything else. This is going to make it a totally different bike. You'll love the difference.

Top Bottom