How to blow away a deer

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
oh jeez, you guys though I meant with a .50 BMG or something!

Sillies.

Attachments

• How_to_blow_away_a_deer-1.wmv
    1.8 MB · Views: 206

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I'd just like to see a deer. Been sitting in the rain for 4 hours this morning and all i got was soaked. :(

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Here's the one i'm after. This was taken about 6 weeks ago with a trail camera.

Attachments

• buck.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 172

SINGLETRAC

Oct 10, 2007
HOLY MOTHER !!! that things a moose !! yall have those big grain fed deer !! now i see why your sitting in the rain for four hours.i hope ya get him. he looks to be mocking you with that smile on his face !! the hot doe will be his down fall. hope your there when he chases her thru . :nod:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
they put big ol' horns on them li'l Pennsylvania deers, don't they?

Hard to tell, but is that an 8x6?

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
XRpredator said:
they put big ol' horns on them li'l Pennsylvania deers, don't they?

Hard to tell, but is that an 8x6?

Actually those would be antlers and thats not an elk so it would be a 14 point.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Reminds me of venison enchiladas....mmmmmm.

I mean, Bambi! Bambi! :)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Offroadr said:
Actually those would be antlers and thats not an elk so it would be a 14 point.
silly east-coasters. Gotta count 'em all to make 'em seem bigger, eh? ;)

Offroadr

Jan 4, 2000
XRpredator said:
silly east-coasters. Gotta count 'em all to make 'em seem bigger, eh? ;)

See that silly mountain air messes with you....horns don't fall off.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
horns . . . antlers . . . semantics!

plbptpblpltlplpltbt! :nener: (I'm not sure if I spelled that right)

SINGLETRAC

Oct 10, 2007
horns, antlers... who cares. as long as ive got something to hold on to during our...ummm...aaa... dates? :laugh:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Its a 8x6 and i didnt see squat! Dad saw a half rack that looked like it had been hit by a car on the interstate. Not legal to shoot. My zone you need atleast 4pts on one side. Didnt see a single hunter in the 500+ acres i hunted today. They must be afraid of the rain.

Offroadr

Jan 4, 2000
For the first time since 1999 I came up empty handed on our first gun weekend. I'll be back out Thursday meat hunting.

sparkysakitas

~SPONSOR~
Aug 31, 2005
we see them everytime we go riding
5 on sunday 14 last weekend
all does
they hang out in our riding area all year round seeing as there is no hunting allowed. but they are only the size of great dane

friar tuck

Feb 9, 2006
Dang, that's an awesome buck. Don't let that rain keep you in doors. Last year I watched 3 bucks chase a doe around for a couple hours in a downpour. They were smaller 8pts, and I was looking for bigger, but it was an awesome time just watching them. The farm I used to hunt was sold, so I'm taking a year off while looking for a new place to hunt...I'll have to live vicariously when it comes to hunting this year. Bag that big one! :)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
That video was shot at Lake Thunderbird near Norman. Interesting none the less.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Offroadr said:
For the first time since 1999 I came up empty handed on our first gun weekend. I'll be back out Thursday meat hunting.
Around here, as long as there was beer afterward, we call that "lucky" ;)

Day after Thanksgiving, we always have a get-together, about 20 of us, for a morning and afternoon of deer hunting, broken up by a nice hearty lunch of chili and breadsticks. This was the first year my boy had a tag. Rifle season opens up on October 10 in these parts, and goes for whitetails until December 1. I told the boy, much to his chagrin, that he was "antlers only" until November. This torqued him a bit until I told him "you shoot it, you drag it out by yourself. I'm not helping unless there's 'handles' for me to hang onto!" Of course, now it's November, and he's weapons free, so to speak. He has to work a bit on paying attention, though, since I watched 3 does walk down the draw below him while he was busy worrying about whether or not you could get frostbite on your butt :rotfl: (the stump he was sitting on was awful cold). He did see one and almost got a shot off, but she was too fast.

Still, deer or no deer, this season has been as epic and memorable as I hoped his first one would be :)

Last edited:

SINGLETRAC

Oct 10, 2007
you shoot it, you drag it out by yourself.

carefull pred, you aint getting any younger and deer aint gettin any lighter !!

Offroadr

Jan 4, 2000
SINGLETRAC said:
you shoot it, you drag it out by yourself.

carefull pred, you aint getting any younger and deer aint gettin any lighter !!

haha

Although I did not shoot one first season I did drag one out. The GFs father shot a 160in 14pt (7 x 7 for those west coasters) for about a quarter mile. Man was I hurting! He had a heart attack a year ago so it was the least I could do.

SINGLETRAC

Oct 10, 2007
Offroadr said:
haha

Although I did not shoot one first season I did drag one out. The GFs father shot a 160in 14pt (7 x 7 for those west coasters) for about a quarter mile. Man was I hurting! He had a heart attack a year ago so it was the least I could do.

i used to laugh at the thought of a deer cart, till i used o

ne.saved my bacon (or venison) at fort knox last year. :nod:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…