how to plug in more KDX power

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
I've found that other than an aftermarket exhaust pipe the best way to gain more power is with an adjustable CDI. I put one on my bike and got more power at mid range and top rpm. The stock CDI is set with too much timing advance at top rpm and too little from 2000-5000rpm. Lowering the whole curve (to be less advanced) by moving the stator coil plate CCW boosts top end power but lowers mid range power. Turning it CW boosts mid range but lowers top end power. That proves the imbalance in the timing curve. The only solution is a fully adjustable digital CDI or a moderately adjustable analog CDI. (The stock CDI is "analog".) But digital CDIs are made for bikes with an extra pickup coil at the magneto that serves as a timing reference point. Of course, the KDX does not have that. So all that is left for us is an adjustable analog CDI.

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
These CDI's are now available on EBay but the seller is finding it a hard market to break into and is willing to let a couple out the door real cheap to anyone who is willing to make a full report on how well they work, the final adjustable settings chosen, and how it improved the powerband. PM me for more info.

Top Bottom