How to polish a swingarm?

PA_KDX_DUDE

May 14, 2004
I'm trying to fix up a 1992 YZ 250 and the swingarm looks terrible. I'd like to polish it instead of painting. Does anyone know how to polish a swingarm? What tools are involved with this and is it time consuming?

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Couldn't tell you where to start, but I know many that have done it and wish they hadn't. It turns into a continuous re polishing chore. You might want to reconsider painting or just having it beas blasted and clear coated.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
ScotchBrite it. Don't have to worry about keeping it perfect like if it were polished, it's still a bare aluminum finish and it will look pretty much like it was always that way.

hrc125rider

Aug 22, 2003
what i did was start wit a very gritty piece of sand paper and make my way down to the smoothest san paper there is....works fine for me but have fun polishing it for several hours

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
I polished the upper fork tubes and swingarm on my '92 KX250 and will never do it again. It is indeed a never ending re-polish job. My .02

johnieh11

Jul 26, 2004
shiney swingarm

Send it to me and I'll make it shine, You need a varable speed buffer some cloth wheels and polishing rogue.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…