110cc Port and polish? how do you do it!! plz Reply

WesleySluis

Oct 16, 2007
Hey guys i got a 110cc pit bike and i really want to know how to port and polish it like what does it involve me doing and how does it work because i have hurd rumors about getting lots of power out of it by doing that up to 2-2 1/2 hp gain if i port and polish i just want to know what other people think and maybe somebody has done it before and has an idea how to explain it to me im really curious on how it works and want to do it :) so if any body out there knows how or has any info on how to do it plz leave me a reply thanks :nod:

FMF Rider

Jun 15, 2007
Just bring the head to a machine shop that knows what they are doing. If you attempt to port and polish a head with no experience, you will likely just mess things up.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I would not suggest trying to do it from some instructions on the Internet. It's part engineering and part art. Find somebody that actually knows what they are doing and you could see some gains but I'd be inclined to call BS on a 2.5hp claim for a knock-off 110cc engine that might make 8hp to begin with.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Patman said:
Find somebody that actually knows what they are doing and you could see some gains but I'd be inclined to call BS on a 2.5hp claim for a knock-off 110cc engine that might make 8hp to begin with.

Patman is correct. The ports on modern day fourstroke engines are pretty good from the factory. Usually, they only require a little clean-up. Extensively modifying your ports can result in losing power if you don't know what you are doing.

You would be better off to install a stage-1 camshaft and do a proper valve job to insure the head is sealing. And possibly a higher compression piston.

There are several on this site that 'know how to do it' but, this is something that cannot be taught in a few minutes over the internet.

chiro972

Dec 12, 2002
Easy there. Anyone who can make a sentence that long and not use a single punctuation mark can easily port and polish their heads. Wesley you just take the head off that bike and get out your dremel and start grinding down every sharp edge you see. Doesn't matter what part it is, you just smooth it down. You'll gain at least 10 - 15 horsepower easily. ;)

Rotorranch

Feb 10, 2007
chiro972 said:
Easy there. Anyone who can make a sentence that long and not use a single punctuation mark can easily port and polish their heads. Wesley you just take the head off that bike and get out your dremel and start grinding down every sharp edge you see. Doesn't matter what part it is, you just smooth it down. You'll gain at least 10 - 15 horsepower easily. ;)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :laugh:

Top Bottom