how to remove stealthy flywheel weight?????

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Try turning the bolt the "wrong" way. Purty sure they're reverse threads on most bikes. Were you the one who put it on?

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
My stealhy wieght replaces the normal flywheel nut. There are four set screws on the outside edge that bite into the flywheel, loosen them up but do not take them out since the threaded holes are staked. On the face of the wieght there should be two threaded holes, you can make a plate that will bolt to these holes with a cheap socket welded on the middle, or you can call stealhy and get their tool.

I really didnt care for the stealhy tool as it is, the flat plate if bolted tight to the flywheel does not really give your 1/2 drive tool a good bite so I took a short cheap extension welded it to the plate and ground off the excess sticking through. The stock tool is adequate for limited use but since I am constantly zipping mine off and on with an impact gun the square hole was starting to round out.

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
let us know who the removal of your weight makes your bike run so everyone can get a better idea of what adding a weight will do for their bike in certain situation.
thanks.

PUD

Apr 30, 2000
thanks jmics19067 that is exactly what mine is like. do you have any tips on how to lock up the motor i was thinking about stuffing a rag in through the exaust port.

thanks for your help so far

pud

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
I use an air gun. I wouldnt use a rag stuffed in thru the exhaust port I would rather feed a few inches of rope thru the spark plug hole . I once had a problem with a rope wedging itself in between the piston and exhaust port so do make sure the exhaust port is just closed with the piston, then feed the rope in.

keen

Jun 17, 2003
My tool of choice would be a 3/8" air impact gun. I have heard of feeding/ stuffing a pencil sized rope thru the spark plug hole in order to lock the crank/ piston. Want to sell that weight? what year is it for?

PUD

Apr 30, 2000
I just used my impact wrench naaaa I don't want to sell it I just needed to remove it so I could split the cases. thanks for the help guys

pud

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom