georgieboy

Jan 2, 2001
All topics concerns harsh forks and bottoming forks, but how about a rebound topic for a change?
How do i setup my rebound, bearing in mind that i have the right sag and nice plush forks?
Do i drop myself off a cliff to bottom the forks and see if they bounce the wheel of the grounds or is there a more sophisticated way of dealing with this.
I know the general info of riding breakingbumps and see if they are not packing, but i am hoping for a more easy way to determine if my rebound is sufficient.
I was thinking of hopping the bike to see if i cld get my front wheel off the ground for one mm or so. That wld give an idea of quick rebound, won't it?
Anyway, like to hear some clever tips.
I know less is better, but is lesser even better?

georgieboy

Jan 2, 2001
No Minutz, it doesn't say what i need. I just says how to adjust yr clickers, not what is sufficient rebound in the first place.
When you start with insufficient rebound due to bad shim setup no matter how much you turn yr clickers it won't be in the ball park ever. So my question is how to know you have the right amount of rebound.
Less is better, so what is the least i shld have.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I have a 04rm125 and it like the 03 kx 125 i had before it has a fast rebound-im not a fan of this for the average rider-i can see the advantage in terms of packing reduction but for me it just bounces around in breaking bumps and feels very NOT planted.

You can try to compensate with more clicks but this doesnt really do the trick as IMO the rm has too much bleed on rebound.I have made the bleed holes smaller and used a bigger crossover diameter shim to help the rebound-it feels alot better.Another problem before was the front seemed to jump higher than the back too often-i never seemed to know if the bike was going to fly front high or not.

georgieboy

Jan 2, 2001
I agree, bouncing around is not a great feeling at all. But except for driving the bike around the track, there is no magic trick that can tell you if the valving is in specs with the spring?
Btw Marcus, did yr bike bounce the wheel off the ground with landing?
I just trying to figure out a general rule of thumb, that you can perform in the garage.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Ive heard of bikes doing that but im not sure if mine did-cant easily see it.I think try a slower rebound until it feels worse then back it out a couple of clicks.

Top Bottom