RATM

Aug 11, 2004
Some time this summer I'm going to be getting a new dirt bike, at this moment my best guess is that it's going to be a CRF150 (04). I've herd that they don't have the best exceleration, so i was just wondering what the best way was to get it to have higher exceleration. I'm willing to spend $500 on it, no more, because I'm very cheap lol :laugh: so i was wondering the most affective after market parts would be for the 150 within a $500 range. Thanks In advance

RATM

Shig

~SPONSOR~
Jan 15, 2004
You havn't even bought the bike and you are already trying to make it faster. By the time you finish trying to turn a CRF 150 into a CRF 230 or 250, you will have spent more than if you got the bigger bike in the first place. Maybe a quieter 2-stroke like a KDX 200 would work.

RATM

Aug 11, 2004
I'm not going to spend alot of money on it, just enough so I can see a diffrence, I wanted to Bore out my engine, but I wouldn't know were to bring my bike to get someone els to do it, cus I wouldn't trust it if I did it my slef. ( I would be afrade I would break something) So I woud want somthing that I culd instal easily like an exhaust kit, becuase my old man knows how to instal them so I could get him to help me. Any other sugestions?

Feb 28, 2004
An exhaust kit wont do much. I agree with the guy above. You didnt even get the bike yet, and you wanna make it faster? Do you want faster acceleration, or higher top speed?? You can change the sprockets to gain top speed, or go the other way and you will gain acceleration and lose some top speed. Just concentrate on getting the bike for now. Then when you own it, and can ride it to its limits, and you want more, modify it, or sell it and move up a level or two. Mike :)

Shig

~SPONSOR~
Jan 15, 2004
If you bore it out, it will cost big $ to have it done by someone else. It's likely that when you go to sell it, it won't sell for as much as it would stock. Most people who buy used CRF 150s are looking for a low-maintenance bike. They will shy away from heavily modified bike that has been ridden hard. If you put a different pipe on it to make it faster, then it will most assuredly be alot louder. Now, you're right back to where you could have been by buying a 125, CRF 230 or KDX 200. If you're heart is set on a CRF 150, then do what Mike just said. Gearing it down by adding two teeth to the rear sprocket will do wonders for the sluggish acceleration.

RATM

Aug 11, 2004
thanks for the help....I should prolly just concentrate on getting the bike for sure and see what it can do, becuase if i think it has good enoough exceleration i wont even bother putting anything on it. :laugh:

Top Bottom