Bent6

Jul 30, 2000
My boy rides a 2000 Husky CR50J. What oil do you guys run in your gear box? The manual says straight 20W. I'm not sure if that is non detergent. I've used 5w 30, but I'm not sure if that is OK. Is anyone running ATF?

Thanks

phirechick

Sponsoring Member
Jul 3, 2001
My son rides a Polini and we run straight 75W (Bel-Ray) in it. This is what our dealer runs.

JoeCharge

Mar 13, 2000
My son rides a 2001 50J. As recomended by the dealer we run straight 20W non-detergent Kendall oil in the tranny. We have had no problems to date.

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
My son races the 99CM and it uses the same basic Franco Morini motor. We have used nothing but ATF since new. We bought it from someone we knew and thats what they used as well. No bottom end problems other than sloppy crank bearings. Will rides the crap out of the bike and is top 5 in state and made the main in Ponca and World Mini's so the bike us used fairly hard.
The biggest key is we change the oil usually about every two moto's and maybe 4 if we run 4 moto's in one day. ATF is so cheap its dumb not to change it often. I use the $4 a gallon stuff from Wal-Mart. Many of the Cobra guys out at the track do the same as its what Cobra reccomends.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom