I definetly need help..

wazam

Jan 13, 2008
1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
5'9, about 130ish

2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
depends on how comfortable i am

3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
friends

4) Do you have any riding experience?
i attempted to ride my boyfriends but i couldnt get it out of first gear..it was the clutchs fault

5) Do you think you will race ?
haha no

6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
my friends can help me and i can learn

7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
i really dont care

8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
i want used

9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?
way cheap like less than $500
i was thinkin an off-brand bike

10) Do you live in California?
no

11) Your age?

12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion
nope theres just too many choices lol

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Actually there are almost no choices.

If you only have $500 dollars to spend on a bike then you'll have to take whatever $500 bike comes along and hope for the best, and there aren't that many of them in the first place.

A good exhaust system will cost more than $500, so expecting to get a decent bike that is fully functional for that price is probably unrealistic. You should save your money till you have something closer to the 1500-2000 range. Then you be able to get a decent bike that you can ride rather than rebuild.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
wazam said:
4) Do you have any riding experience?
i attempted to ride my boyfriends but i couldnt get it out of first gear..it was the clutchs fault
Can your boyfriend get it out of first gear? The clutch is a simple device that, even if it doesn't work, will not prevent a shift. This is evident by the fact that many people choose to not use their clutch except to stop and start. Honestly, i think you need to re-evaluate whether or not you belong on a motorcycle. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of female riders out there that ride for the love of it (and several are much better riders than I), and there are also those that ride so that they can say that they play a boys game (this is, IMO, why the women's classes exist). The latter will usually get hurt before realizing that they really have nothing to prove, and should have stayed in their comfort zone.

BTW, unless you are a superb mechanic, a $500 bike will not serve you well. Rich is right on this one. The cheap bikes are just that.

sixds

Mar 25, 2007
I bought my first bike for 500$. it was a bulletproof xr100 and so far i havent had to do anything to it accept routine maintenance.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…