I hate freestyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxRacing023

Mar 29, 2002
if u dont like freestyle then, well, good for you. as i hear about mike metzger pulling 41 consecutive backflips with out crashing, and some being no footed and 1 handed, i say freestyle is about to take a big leap forward. and i always got it set for a reminder on the tv when a comp is gonna come on

KXrider12

Sponsoring Member
Jan 2, 2002
I agree Foxracing that is sweet, i am not saying that fmx isnt cool for some people i am just sayin I dont like it and i do think that it gives some people a misconception of racing. Some people from my school came to the track one day to watch me ride and they said " Bust a superman over that 70 ft triple" and when i didnt do it and told them i couldnt do it they simply said "you suck, They do it on tv why not you!!!"
That is one of the main reasons that i dont like fmx and they do the same tricks over, i agree that fmx is macking some big steps now but for a while they just jumped did the same tricks and trashed the bikes and the metal melisha tried to act like bad a$$es towards everyone if they beat them and to some one who watches freestyle on tv and they do somen like that. they would think that that is just the way things are and thats just not the way i wont people to think of me and i am sure you dont want people thinking of you like that person who trashes bikes and tries to fight with everyone. :)

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
The backflips, and variations of backflips are a direct result of the fact that they are running out of tricks. Anyone who thinks FMX can last, didn't do too well in math class. Think about it. (or "do the math")

Wait, maybe they will be able to get another year out of it if they all decide to dress up in costumes while doing superman variations???

I like to watch FMX. It's a great show to take kids to. Some of the noted riders are fine young men, others are buttwipes with attitudes.....hey, just like life! :)

Monotony tends to decrease ticket sales for any event. Monotony occurs when new is worn out. Now....when the news media gets ahold of a few stories of kids breaking their necks trying to do backflips, this flame will take on a different shape.

Gorgeous George once figured out that rasslin' moves were getting old-hat....so he decided that if his opponent were to place a little sliver of razor blade in their wristband....and swiped it a bit over his forehead and made him bleed all over the canvas, then it would boost sales. It broke the monotony and sales were indeed boosted.
I used to love to go to rasslin on Tues. nights when I was a kid.....you couldn't drag me to watch one now.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
If someone doesn't understand why you can't do a whatever trick over a big jump, find out what sports or hobbies they are into, and ask if they can do tricks or perform like the pros in that particular sport.

Regardless of the entertainment or moral values here, these guys are pretty talented, and I think it is ignorant of people to expect the average rider to be able to bust a move even in the ballpark or these guys...besides the fact that we (I) don't have sponsors, or have mommy and daddy's money to help out. I have to go to work on Monday.

KXrider12

Sponsoring Member
Jan 2, 2002
Ok to sorda put a cap on this I do watch the x games and I dont think free syle is all THAT bad, but it pisses me off when some one who has nuttin to do witht he sport of fmx whines about it, so if someone wants to whine bout it from now read this and know you will get flamed for whinning and dont get people to take up for ya and give out unsigned jo thinking your cool because your to big of a coward to sign your or your backstreet boy's name!

KLX4smoke

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2001
Wow KXrider12, that was a 96 word long sentence. Great job, but try for the elusive DRN milestone of 100 words in one sentence. You can do it! :)

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
I dont know how long it will last, been going pretty strong since '98.
Just look at BMX, it was first only racing, now there is is BMX stunt jumping, vert , etc. the BMX stunt jumping hasnt died out either.
Freestyle MX is a portion of Motocross, the jumping that is, to a point. so as long as people like to ride dirt bikes, there will always be individuals that like to jump, and like to jump more so than taking berms.
My point being that no one thought freestyle would last 5 years ago, now that the back flip will be the big trick, next will be 360's, and so on.
you can say it is boring or same tricks over and over again, but truth is, you could take someone to a national and they may say it is boring for same race around the track. Perception is in the eye of the beholder.
I've been to all types of racing events, I did like the X-Games over the Vans freestyle contest though....

Jammertime

Dec 30, 2001
I agree with some of you about the big whips. I can't get enough of them but the stupid comentator for the free-style event is always raging people that do them and calls it "A lame supercross trick" but I don't see him out there doing any "lame supercross tricks" :moon:

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
exactly .. because his *** is planted in the booth showing off on the Mic. Anybody who says a Huge whip is lame doesnt know much.. out of all the riding styles and forms out there, a true rider will appreciate an awesome whip from a rider from mx, fmx, or even hares..

Mini Me

Jan 17, 2002
Before I started this post, i did do a small search of the forum to see if anyone had done a similar flame, and found nothing - maybe i didn't look far enough. Although I am not around this place as much, i use other forums more frequently and it pisses me off when topics are repeated.

As far as people flaming people that post, what is the point in that? It doesn't bother me if people can't support their own opinion and revert to flaming others but i posted this topic more to discuss where freestyle could go in the future, and see how others felt etc.

To all those that say if you don't like it, don't watch it. I like many others spend much of my hard earned dollars on dirtbike related stuff. Events, magazines, videos, cable TV - (to watch ESPN, MX etc). I got stooged $40 for the crusty world tour as well as more on subscriptions for magazines and dirtbike videos.

I also respect the freestyle riders for their talent, and guts. I am not having a go at them for not pulling double backflips and 720's like the BMX guys, rather at the direction of the sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom