boardrider

Mar 16, 2005
I have a 1985 rm250 and I have a DG Vintage National pipe and silencer on it. I need to find a spark arrestor for this silencer USFS approved. I have searched long and hard with no luck. Thanks in advance for any comments.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
cobra slip on at your local shop

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
yep, cobra sparky, clamps on to the end of the stock silencer.

Also, at least around here a screen clamped over the end of the silencer is considerd acceptable.

good luck

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Is the DG round or oval? There are sparky's available in almost all shapes and sizes. It should be easy to match one up. I did this years ago on my 84 KTM 250 MXC. The only downside of the sparky is that if you follow their directions, it doesn't mount up very securely. It uses one small sheet metal screw and a hose clamp. I ended up drilling three mounting holes and running long screws through the sparky and into the end cap of the silencer. With this set up, it was firmly attached. When team suzuki offroad, ran these on their bikes, they welded the the sparky to the silencer. Team green did the same thing on their desert KX500s. Good luck.

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
I had one on my CR500, ended up using a couple of sheet metal screws as well. Also used high temp silicone to keep it sealed up tight:)

boardrider

Mar 16, 2005
Sweet ... thanks everyone, I will keep my eyes peeled for a deal. I wish a mounted screen would work, but I'm in CALI - I don't think it would fly with the Sheriff.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
i used to just keep an eye out at the dunes theyre laying all over from guys first experience at how easy losing them is.
i really preferred finding a fresh one rather than getting the carbon out of mine :)

be warned they fall off alot, make certain it is ON there, also they have a tendency to be a little close to the side of the tire and get rubbed , if you see rubber on it adjust it before it gets rubbed off !

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom