I need break-aways

RM85rider123

Oct 28, 2007
well, there goes another clutch handle this year. I'm thinking about getting hand guards, or break away levers. And the funny thing was when your falling, that little "ting" sound always ticks me off when it snaps. Oh well, it's better than getting hurt. ;)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Why not unbreakable levers?

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Try loosening the perches some and moving them inwards towards the steering stem. if you fall, hopefully the perch will spin and it wont stick out past the end of the handlebars :cool:

Red 250

Mar 31, 2008
rickyd said:
Try loosening the perches some and moving them inwards towards the steering stem. if you fall, hopefully the perch will spin and it wont stick out past the end of the handlebars :cool:
This works I broke 2 levers within 3 months of owning my bike then I was told to loosen the bolts a little. Now they spin out of the way when I crash. I haven't broken a lever in the past 10 months. Good advice..............Red

RM85rider123

Oct 28, 2007
rickyd said:

That sounds like a plan. thanks for the help :cool:

RM85rider123

Oct 28, 2007
Patman said:
Why not unbreakable levers?

Titanium? That would cost as much as break-aways, or hand guards I'm sure. But is there true unbreakable levers?

Last edited:

Cabot

Sep 3, 2007
^ Sunline V1 MDX levers,
or the Renthal levers.

I have a sunline V1MDX clutch lever, works great with the stock perch. 5 year warranty. I was worried about it moving up and down without me falling, or when I fall and it moves I wouldn't be able to get it back to where it is. It DOES NOT move while riding, it takes a good hit for it to move up or down. But when it does move a quick hit and it will snap to exactly the same place it was before, and your off again.

Pretty much unbreakable. You don't crash in one direction, why should your lever bend in one?
http://www.sixsixone.com/v1-mdx.aspx

I think thats what Patman is talking about with the unbreakable levers.

RM85rider123

Oct 28, 2007

rossim22

Jul 19, 2008
I've already broken my clutch lever, brake lever, and my clutch perch... in about one month. lol

That's what I get for starting with a 250cc 2-stroke. :laugh:

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
Oh hell, I just carry a couple of extras in my fanny pack. Before I started doing that, I broke them in the weirdest ways--always at least three miles from my truck. Since I started packing extras, Murphy hasn't invoked his law.........knock on wood.......

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…