motoxgurl47

Dec 31, 2007
Hello eveyone! I haven't raced in a year so I'm not as fit as I want to be. I have a race coming up in two weeks and I need to start working out. Does anyone have any workout suggestions that has really help you out? Thank you! :)

Apr 30, 2007
Saddle time!

As much saddle time as possible will help you work the muscles that you normally use in riding.

At this point though, any other forms of work out, if I remember my physiology correctly, will only just start to become more strengthening rather than tiring. Walking or going for a short run/jog will definitely help out with your aerobics. Otherwise, I cannot stress how much saddle time will help you out!

rpm12505

~SPONSOR~
Sep 25, 2005
007 is right on. My son spent all winter working out in a gym. First ride in the spring he came off the track after 5 laps and said nothing preps you for riding except riding. He was beat and beet red. I might also recommend stretching but thats just coming from an old bass-turd. Good luck and let us know how you make out :ride:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Like everyone else has said, right now seat time would be the best. Starting a work out routine 2 weeks before the race is kind of late.

Normally I am at the gym 3-4 days a week. I have an upper and lower body routine that I follow. I run 2-5 miles a day 5 days a week. Once winter hits and I can't run outside I'll run for 20min, bike for 20 and elliptical for 20.

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
How long and what kind of race?

When I ride a 3 hour enduro I am typically just plain exhausted at the end.

Twenty minutes on the MX track and there are several sets of muscles that are just screaming at me. A few 20 minutes sets over a few hours and the next day it is really easy to identify which muscles need work.

Rod

Nov 7, 2008
I like to use the Motocross & offroad training handbook by Mark Thompson. I sometimes put in a motocross DVD like one of The Great Outdoors dvds or something to get me pumped to work out. Since I get arm pump really bad while racing a 2-stroke I will do extra forearm, shoulder, and hand exercises. My biggest weakness is my diet. I too need a lot more seat time :nod:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
So how was the race?? :ride:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom