RJ-KDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2002
Just wondering, has anyone had any problems with their idle adjustment screw. My carb is a Keihin PWK33 off a 2001 KDX 220. The screwhead is worn pretty bad. I looked on the Sudco website for a brass replacement, they don't show one for the 33 but they do for the 35. If any one has changed theirs to brass, please let me know. :silly:

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Adjust the idle screw (the black nylon one) WITHOUT the slide sitting on it. If you don't release the pressure on the idle adjustment (blip the throttle as you turn it in), you'll end up with the screwhead you're talking about.

I don't think brass is a good idea. You wouldn't want metal-to-metal contact at that angle, at those pressures.

I thought the 33 and the 35 were the same carbs (small body PWK) with a different bore.

Anyway, to answer your question, no I haven't changed to brass. Adjusting my idle as I noted (which I do on a REGular basis), my idle screw-head is fine.

RJ-KDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2002
Thanks carver, for the info. I bought my bike used, and I think the guy before me wasn't quite sure what was going on. :aj:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom