kidkeith

Apr 30, 2006
Hello, I'm new to riding and recently purchased a 2004 KDX200 thanks to this site and input from friends. The bike runs great and is a blast to ride, however; the bike will only idle for 5-10 seconds and then die when in first gear with the clutch pulled in. Is there an adjustment on the carburator that can be done to resolve this. I'm somewhat mechanically challenged with these type of things (maybe not challenged, but scared I may screw something up more than it already is) any input would be great. Thanks

StuckinJersey

May 11, 2005
There should be (on the carb) a little black (flat head) screw with a spring on it that can be adjusted in and out. Adjust it in to bring the idle up and out to slow the idle down. Just start the girl up and start monkeying with that screw.

white knuckes

Jul 19, 2004
just make sure you have enough play in the clutch, i had this problem as well. to judge the right amount of play just loosen it until there is enough slop to get a nickle (thin side) between the clutch perch and the handle. that should help make everything better.

matt-itude

Jul 6, 2004
My 03 200 would only idle for short periods then just die. I couldnt turn the idle up enough to get it to stay ideling. I thought my jetting was spot on. I recently did some more jetting and my bike now idles perfectly. (one size smaller pilot). I was completely convinced my jetting was right before hand! It also has more bottom now.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom