kciH

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 28, 2002
There could be many reasons for this. If you could provide some info on what major and minor maintenance has recently been performed it will get you a lot further a lot quicker. :)

Jaysdog

May 10, 2002
since i have owned it which is about three years its has not had any major maintenance, im not exactly sure what happend before but i would guess nothing major was done to it then either. As far as minor maintance I just changed the transmission oil and cleaned the air filter. It was also just taken out of winter storager if that has any relevance.
Thanks

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Take the carb off and clean it inside with brake clean and put it back together and see if that helps.

kciH

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 28, 2002
You should also check to see that other parts of your fuel system aren't gummed up..tank,line,petcock. Did you drain the fuel or use stabil before you put it up for the winter? I would say to clean the carb as well. I'm not familiar with brake cleaner, I usually use carb cleaner. I remove the carb from the machine and take out the slide, jets, needle, floats, choke, etc and clean every passage and orifice in the carb and put it back together. Make sure you take note of the position of your air mixture screw BEFORE you take it apart. While you've got it apart you might want to spend $2-3 on an inline fuel filter, they are worth every penny because they hlep to prevent a dirty carb and worn engine.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom