idle

kdxmann

Dec 21, 2002
i went ridin yesterday with my 01 kawasaki kdx200 and ever time i came to a stop it would idle a little and die what is a matter with my bike do i just need to turn he idle up or is it somethin more serious then that?also 1 more thing is it ok to shift without the clutch i heard some people say it was and some it wasnt please help thanx

mudwalker

Mar 26, 2003
First make sure your air filter is clean, then if idle is still low, turn it up. Read more good stuff about tuning stock/modified kdx, all the answers are here.
Shift with or without the clutch, I do both.

kdxmann

Dec 21, 2002
thanx well im ridin on trails that r bumpy so i dont wanna reach for the clutch when i hit a bump u no

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
...don't wanna reach for the clutch??

I usually keep two fingers on the clutch as well as on the front brake, especially in tight, bumpy, technical stuff.

jaredr

May 10, 2003
Regarding your question about using the clutch to shift... not using the clutch is sometimes termed 'power-shifting' in my neck of the woods. Power-shifting does increase wear on some internal components but there are some situations when its worth it. It is quite common for people to power-shift when racing, I personally don't do much racing so I only power-shift during long uphill climbs or other vicarious situations where I more concerned about keeping control or momentum.
Play hard.

kdxmann

Dec 21, 2002
i adjusted the air screw and idle adjuster and seems to idle fine but i will see this weekend what it will really do.my friend is gettin a yamaha yzf250f and he is sayin it will smoke me i think its the other way around what do u guys think

mudwalker

Mar 26, 2003
Reguarding the upcoming race with a YZ250F, no it won't. I was smoked on pavement by a WR250F on sunday, not even close. Although I am still running a 12t sproket, lots of shifting. Still I doubt you will beat that blue monster in a drag.

kdxmann

Dec 21, 2002
well it is 95% rider 5% bike right well any ways i just wanna ride it in the woods. but has anyone found the top speed of this bike i dyin to no and i dont feel like killing myself getting it into 6th gear

89kdx200rdr

~SPONSOR~
Apr 19, 2003
i think when the yz250wr's came out they clocked one at 99mph in a magazine. whos gonna do that in the woods? get your self a 50 rear sprocket get in front of the guy and rock blast him

kdxmann

Dec 21, 2002
the top speed of that yz250f is 65mph from dirtbike magazine. i can beat that.if i did put a larger 50tooth rear sprocket on it will it go faster or just more acceleration with less top speed or visa versa

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…