Dirtykid

Jul 8, 2002
The genius is back.

So i took apart my carb, and it all looked pretty damn clean, i mean im no expert but everything seemed to be good. A lot of gas poured out when took it off, is that normal, or does that mean something is clogged ???

Then when i go to put back together being the genius i am, i did it wrong, but nothing serious. When i put the throttle valve back in i put the jet needle after the cable holder and lost the jet needle in my carb, so i took it off again and recovered the needle but now i cant get the damn cable holder out of the throttle valve, its stuck. Ive tried for like 2 hours, and the thing just wont come out, please someone help me, i just want my bike to run again.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
push it out from the underside of the slider

Dirtykid

Jul 8, 2002
i went to the dealer and they said i have to buy a whole new piece cause it was cross threaded or something like that, so now im screwed.

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Sounds like you may have to buy a new slide and retainer if you've really hosed it.

This place should have what you need, check out your carb, it should have a bunch of numbers somewhere on it, make sure you have the carb in your hand and all the details of you bike.

Click here

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom