I'm going to Las Vegas, and you're not!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Just wanted to stop in and give an update.. We're well on our way out to Vegas for the SX..

I'm currently sitting in a "remote library" in a crappy motel room in Tulsa. (what a sweet pun)

So far the trip has been rather uneventful. Hopefully the rest goes like this.

I have the camera, laptop and plenty of batteries. I intend to get as many pics as I can.

More later.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Cool Gary! I want to see a bunch of pics.

Have fun and BEHAVE yourself in Sin City, lol.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Hey Igor.... it sucks to be me and not you! I'm sure you will have a great time.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Oh yeah.. Gonna have lunch at the Big Texan tomorrow.. Can't wait!

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I turned down going. Friends have a suite and strippers staying with them :bang: :bang: :bang:

Have fun :)

RYDMOTO

~SPONSOR~
Feb 16, 2001
You are going to Vegas and you are broke...and I am not!!! haha!
Have a blast!!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I don't gamble.. Whoot.

So.. How's this for odd, I'm in Holbrook, AZ. Again sitting on my "throne".. I know, TMI.

This is a much better motel though.

We did Oklahoma City to Amarillo with no stops. The steak was freakin awesome. I got the 12 oz Governors Cut Tenderloin. ($28.95 and worth every penny)

Then back in the car and didn't stop until Albuquerque.

We managed over 750 miles today. Not bad for a couple of Jobless, Shiftless, Ner-do-wells..

We wanted to be in a closer range to Lost Wages for the final leg tomorrow.

So, tomorrow morning, we change to local time. We've been working on "home time". Less than 350 miles and we are there. Just in time to check in to our room in Vegas and get to the Parts Unlimited showcase.

I was told that we'd be getting two tix to the race, plus pit passes and track walk.

I won't be able to do the track walk, but the pit passes will be nice. I have a poster I did of Josh Hill at Redbud last year.. I showed him the pic on my website at the Indy SX, and he asked me to bring him a copy to the next race we came to. I brought 2 copies so I can get one signed. Plus I have a couple pics of RC that I am going to try to get signed.

Plus we're still going to try to fit in the pitbike race tomorrow night.

So far it's been nothing but fun.

jsantapau

Nov 10, 2008
:think: hope you have a great time! drop a quarter into a slot machine for me and I bet you 1/2 of your winnings that you say you didn't win anything:think:

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Gary, get on them roads where you can drive as fast as you are old! Hammer down!
Hey now, last time he went fast he broke his leg. :nener:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
HEY!

If I had to go that slow on the way here, it would have taken a month...

I have to say, I highly recommend the Eastside Cannery Hotel. Very nice.. Pics later.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Just got back from the pitbike race...

It was crazy.. JLaw tried parking a bunch of people. It backfired.

It was a great time though.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Its 3 am Gary! Hah, on Jflaws results! Seen Ashley as a DNS? An electric class? The minis are running again today/night? Is the roller coaster still running atop the needle? Do check it out, and sit on the outside front!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Ashley Fiolek crashed in practice and hurt her shoulder. She was there, but did not race.

The girls race was damned fast.

The electric class was cool! Those things really move. They were every bit as fast as the dino powered bikes. They we're freaky quiet though. You could hear the suspension working. Metzger rode that class and did pretty good, even though he had trouble getting out of the gate.

They had a headlight class. They looked to be 50's with Baja Designs HID lights. It was cool. They turned out the lights over the track and raced in the dark.

I got cell phone video of the final race, with JFlaw. It's not great, but should show some of the carnage.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-PH0eoSk_A4&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-PH0eoSk_A4&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Wish I had been closer to the track.. As it was, all of my pics are from so far off they really aren't worth talking about.

This was pretty cool though.

Attachments

• IMG_0117aa (Medium).jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 67

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
:rotfl: The handicap section?!

Geez Gary, you're really milkin' this bump on the leg for all it's worth eh? :nener:

Did they have an escalator to get you up there? ;)

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
You know it! I'm gettin as much mileage out of this as I can.

No escalator... They just drug me up the stairs by my right leg.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…