ims fuel tank

04kdxchris

Aug 26, 2004
does ims or any other company make an oversize fueltank for the kdx? ims makes tanks for the kx and kxf do they fit on the kdx because isnt the frame pretty much the same as on the kx 125?
thanks chris

rlbranson

Dec 24, 2003
I have an IMS tank on my '98 kdx200. I have been told the capacity is 3.4 gallons.The triple clamp hit the tank when turned all the way. Hit the triple clamp with a grinder to solve the clearance issue. I love being able to see at a glance how much fuel I have. I once had a kdx400 and the stock tank was sort of translucent green and you could see how much fuel was in it. I don't need the capacity on the IMS tank but the stock tank has no quality and will crack and leak on you.

bob
kdx200

Braahp

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2001
Its too bad the IMS tank will not accept the stock rad shrouds. If IMS graphics weren't so gay I would have gotten one a long time ago.

libskater

Sep 26, 2003
i have the stock tank on my 91' kdx 200 and it hasnt cracked and it holds around 3.5 gallons. downside is i cant tell when im in desperate need of fuel

libskater

Sep 26, 2003
the way i ride... reserve doesnt last very long. at least not long enough to get back to the truck

04kdxchris

Aug 26, 2004
so if i get a tank (around 200 right?) i need new shrouds and might have to grind the clamps down a little. its not listed on the site so the dealer should be able to get it. where can i get the shrouds do they come with the tank or sepratly? thanks
chris

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
Shrouds will come with the tank. I didn't have to grind my triple clamps, I just put some caprpet tape on the tank to protect it in the 2 spots. thats it.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…