Incredibly Interesting and Challenging Question

dansavage

Jul 14, 2008
If you are using the stock needle, start with these jetting specifications:
45 pilot
155 main
jet needle in the mid clip position

If you have boyeson power reeds, you'll have to back down to a 42 pilot and 152 main (most likely) and the jet needle in the 2nd from top clip position. Don't forget to do at least a WOT plug chop to ensure you aren't running to lean.

The 35mm carb will fit, the chasis is the same as a 33mm. I bought a new one for my 220 and installed it accordingly... Probably would have went the RB designs route, but at the time I didn't know that such existed.

Good luck..

flapwick

Dec 30, 2008
Thank you dansavage, I found the carb (96 200) on ebay for $40.00. They say it is in good condition. I'll give it a good cleaning,start with your jetting recommendations,and see what happens. I thought it was a better deal for my budget,as opposed to $185.00 for RB. The carb should be here Monday. I recently got a brand new FMF torque pipe for 150.00 out the door from my local Kawasaki shop.They had had it sitting around for a long time and gave me a deal. I figure I should now have all the low end and mid that I want and the carb should give me some more on top,right? I also had the fork spacer mod done at no charge when they replaced my fork seals.(for some reason,they like me over there at SanLuisMotorsports) Thanks again! Jim

flapwick

Dec 30, 2008
Thanks,mudpak. I don't think of myself as really sarcastic. I'm just a guy who has learned not to take himself or others so very seriously when ,in reality and in the larger scope of things,the things we are discussing are not life changing and cannot open the gates of Heaven. So I just like to have fun and amuse myself with the way I think of and relate things. I'm glad when it amuses others,as well. Then again,maybe I'm just being sarcastic.........

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom