reno0500

Jan 18, 2006
I just purchased a 02 rm 250 and the Fork seals are leaking. The person I purchased the bike from said that it had independant suspension upgrade. My question is, who is this company? I have searched the internet and haven't been able to find anything. Is there a way to look at the forks and verify what type they are? Also, what type of special tools do you need to change the seals??

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
I dont know to what extent you are mechanically inclined but I can tell you that you should not undergo this maintenance yourself if you do not have a service manual as a guide and if you arent totally sure what you are dealing with. More experienced wrenches will tell you it is not a very difficult job, but for a first timer it is time consuming and very frustrating. If you want to save yourself the aggravation and dont mind spending some money, I would recommend just removing the fork and taking it down to the local dealer and just let them know you need fork seals. From there you can pick out the seals you want. Obviously without seeing the bike I dont know if it is the stock fork or not, but my guess would be that it is the stock fork with aftermarket (independent suspension)springs, seals and internal components. In that case you will have a multitude of fork seal choices that will fit.

i_955

Dec 18, 2004
I read in a fairly recent mag where I believe their RM250 needed some fork work and they had INDEPENDENT do the work. Full service including valves, the tester gave them a very thumbs up good job. There was a picture of Independent’s logo, a jeweled crown if memory serves me correctly.
It is somewhere on a single page in one of the mags stacked 3' deep in a corner of my computer room.

reno0500

Jan 18, 2006
If you have the contact info, name of shop or web site/phone number that would be great. The more info I can get about the new bike the better. Thanks for the replys and yes the logo is a jeweled crown.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom