Indy Spoiler

Mxrider26x

Apr 29, 2006
Okiewan said:
AS I understand it, that's a current (Indy) statement, not old stuff.

And BTW, the ONLY time Reed has been close to JS in speed is when JS was cruising and or in practice. Sorry.

At Anaheim 3, this was the difference in their lap times

1 7 00:55.964 Main Event James M Stewart Haines City, FL Kawasaki KX450F
2 22 00:55.965 Main Event Chad Reed Tampa, FL Yamaha YZ450F

Also, didnt the guy interviewing reed specificly and randomly ask about sorby. Why are you getting on chad for answering the question?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
And BTW, the ONLY time Reed has been close to JS in speed is when JS was cruising and or in practice. Sorry.

To expand on that a little...

1) When RC races, they both leave Chad in their dust.
2) When RC doesn't, JS just keeps and maintains enough to win. Watch all the races, it's obvious.
3) JS does not cut thru the whole pack and make up 8 sec. in traffic only to be able to gap 3 srconds after that, without the mindset of "get the lead and do enough to keep it.

It's all pretty obvious. We used to bag on JS for hanging it out just to beat everyone by the biggest margin... remember that? Now, he does the right thing and suddenly, Chad "can't hold a lead" is as fast? Are you serious?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Finally,I think the majority is getting the clear picture! 2hour and 15 minute drive down,listening to "I hope something happen's to JS so he has a crappy start!" It did! I have seen CR's start sweep move before! Usually in c class,oh well.do what you have to,NOOO,practice MORE! CR had a front row seat on how to ride FASTER!,did not help,he was casing every jump.JS only pulled that TTT when he had to,THE TT after the whoops ,CR never did once! The pot smoker on tv said JS was making a second a lap doing the ttt,fact was he did not do it much,the tt,he did alone for the whole race! How about how far #15 was behind the second fastest sx racer?

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
kawicam250 said:
we dont take that TT crap here ;) .

That place blows, besides TT is VERY tame compared to some sites I go to. Some of the guys here know what I'm talking about, they hang around both places. It's hard to post there and then come here and post, have to slow down and watch myself. :bang:

Mxrider26x

Apr 29, 2006

Comments like these are what is stupid about this board. I am guessing that you could have rode better than CR did right? Also, that triple after the whoops didnt seem like it made a difference.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
JST122 said:
You would think he would sack up in practice and figure out how to match James in a section where James is Triple-Triple-Triple and pulling a second/lap as a result.

James did that combo three times in practice right at the end, he only managed it clean once and stopped. I don't think Reed even thought it was possible until he watched James do it and then he followed. Another section he never figured out was after the first set of whoops, the section was designed to be a step on and off setup but James was seat bouncing it hard and making it a triple, again he didn't show that until the very end of practice. I really think Chad needs someone taping James practice and then review it prior to racing.

All that aside it really doesn't matter, with RC gone no one is going to beat James unless he puts himself on the ground. He was incredible to watch this weekend. His entry speed into the whoops is downright scary, I have to imagine in his mind the whoops don't even exist, it's just another straightaway.

I only skimmed through this thread quickly but Reed did get screwed trying to get around Evans and Sorby, I doubt either was intentional but they cost him time, James definitely benefited from Reed having to get through the lappers first, but realistically it just meant the pass came one lap sooner is all.

I had some conversations with some other folks this weekend and came to the conclusion It has to suck to be Chad Reed right now. Reed is a great racer who is giving it his all, and he is so much better than everyone out there with the obvious two exceptions. Each week he gets beat and then gets to answer questions about it over and over and over, no wonder the dude is frustrated. I've decided I'm done baggin on him.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Realisically if he had come on the scene 10 years ago or in 5 years from now everyone would be talking about how he is the GOAT. Reed had the misfortune to come into MX/SX at a time that 2 Moto gods were there toying with the meer mortals who race every week.
I can understand his frustration but don't accept the constant whining and finger pointing when things go wrong.

Mxrider26x

Apr 29, 2006

He doesnt whine as much as people make it sound like. Eric Sorby was complaining that CHad disrespected RC in the racer x interview, and chad really didnt say anything wrong. That is what happens to a lot of what chad says.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Mxrider26x said:
He doesnt whine as much as people make it sound like. Eric Sorby was complaining that CHad disrespected RC in the racer x interview, and chad really didnt say anything wrong. That is what happens to a lot of what chad says.
Yeah but to often on the podium he always has an excuse (usually involving another rider) for why he couldn't get up there to race the leaders. But then again he is a warrior and should get extra points just for that each week.
You can see I am not a Reed fan but I am also not a stewart fan. I appreciated RC's abilities but give me guys like Ferry, Henry, Dowd, or Pastrana and I'll be a happy fan :nod:

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
Chili said:
I really think Chad needs someone taping James practice and then review it prior to racing.

There is no question that they are doing that.

It just isnt going to matter right now, James is head and shoulders faster. James jumped that section in his heat race a few times as well as practice and you can bet chad was watching that race as well. The most frustrating part for Reed just has to be that he knows he is going as hard as he can and James is just doing enough to beat him, James still has more in the tank and if he needed to he could still step up his game and push harder. It's pretty clear when RC is racing how much of a gap they put on Reed, difference is James doesnt even ride to his full potential unless someone is there to push him to that level.

No knock on Reed, I understand his frustration he is in a tough position.

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
I'm with Old Guy on this, I understand and agree that Chad is frustrated and has to answer the same questions over and over. That does not excuse the whining or blaming other riders, or calling other riders chumps. I have disliked Reed every since that Tedesco chump remark. Nothing better than watching a guy that thinks class acts like Tedesco are chumps and shouldn't be racing him getting smoked by RC and Bubba.

He brought the PR on himself, live with it or sack up and start being a man. Start with eliminating excuses and disrespecting other riders.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
I am glad it's nice out and riding has started. LOL til i seen this thread I totally forgot there was any stupidcrosses left!! Indy ran last saturday, hmmmm...

oh and whenfoxforksruled raced, he may not have been as fast as chad, but if chad was on the same track I bet he would have crashed his brains out trying to beat em! LOL I know i have seen that happen before, (of course not with CR).

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006

im a member on TT too( kawicam250F), and it seems like it isnt near as tame as it is here. lots more cussing, and too many worthless threads about GF's and homework :nener: . thats why i like it here more than i do over at TT.

Red Mamba

Feb 5, 2006
Also what's annoying is these so called 3rd degree injuries which dont requier medical attention at the begining of the season and get forgoten about towards the end of the season. I wish he could get to read some of these posts on this site and make some changes, because Stewart is not going anywhere soon and i just wonder how much more he is gonna keep on crying.

Last edited:

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006

if he did read this thread and a few others here on DRN, he might cry about it on public television. but hey, we'll take as many seconds on TV as they give us, even if we are being dissed ;) .

TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
Geez, I think half of the people on this forum wine about CR more than he wines about others. It's like the pot calling the kettle black. For *&$!@ sake give it a rest!

TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
I don't visit other forums Okie because I found this one to be the best. ;-)

Sure, I support CR because he's an Aussie, & I agree he doesn't always say the right things, but I'm not taking it to heart because I support him. I just get sick of reading pages & pages of the same whiny comments. I'd feel the same way if it was about any other rider.

Just enjoy the racing & stop picking every rider to pieces when they say something not so PC. When we finished complaining about RC's PR skills (I too was guilty), the masses moved on to JS. Now JS has made an improvement on his PR skills; the masses found someone else to whine about. It's almost as bad as those trashy gossip magazines that trash the celebrities. For some reason people like to criticize anyone who has greater success/fame than them.

Why is there so much negativity out there?

Rhein

Jul 17, 2006
I don't know if it is so much that JS has more skills than balls. He attacks stuff like there is no tomorrow, like he has nothing to lose. That is how RC was when he first started whooping on MC back in the day. The top 5 are pretty much at the same skill level overall, the fastest one is the one with the most balls though.

There might not be anyone right now with JS's balls in the big class but Villopoto is going to give JS a run for his money whenever he moves up. That kid has the skill and the balls.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Unless JS starts backwards the top 3 will not be to interesting to watch,till they hit the lappers.RV and JS are the only 2 racers taking the race to the outside and letting it hang out,is this because they are out front,or because of the faster speeds obtained?CR had a front row seat and did not look good trying to keep up,CR would rather charge to the apex and try the bump and run.And on a side note,I thought BR#304 rode really well,except for the start in the lites class,the local boys have not done well in the big leagues,I know he is better than 17th,TS #927 was stinking up the place,I know he is a lot better than that! CR is my only hope of some good racing up front,I have been spoiled watching RC and JS,till 09 or someone steals RV and puts him on a 450!

Mxrider26x

Apr 29, 2006

I will point out two things from this comment. First of all MC was old, and it was bound to happen some time. Does that make RC suddenly a better SX rider than him? NO. Also, besides being on a crazy fast bike and practicing like there isnt anything else to do, what does RV do that makes him have more "balls" than anyone else. He isnt the one busting any james stewarts.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…