Injuries During Motocross

azzykaii

Mar 29, 2015
Okay I'm Adam and basically I am thinking of getting into Motocross, as in previously hen growing up I quite enjoyed dirt biking and quad biking. So you could consider me a newbie in some sort of sense.

However the problem is that I have injured my parts of my body in the past and I am not sure what the risks of Mx riding will be in terms of resulting in injuries, anyone shine some light on this ? (volume of injuries and where on the body?

I presume Mx riders will have First Aid kits handy in case of an accident ?

If I were to go forward with my new found interest in Mx, what things do Mx riders take with them for their safety ? I just want to make sure I don't end up really badly hurting myself when I could have prevented it.

Any help is appreciated guys and girls. Thanks in advance.

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
MX has its risks. I raced about 10 times, fell about 3 times, and only one of those times did it really hurt. If I didn't know how to fall then I would of broken something. Don't tense up and don't resist the ground when you fall. There's a saying about how drunk men falling out of a wagon never get hurt (because they are loose and just go with it). I had a friend that stiff-armed the ground when he did an endo and broke both arms. I wouldn't race on any track that has jumps too big for me. But it's hard to find a good old-fashioned track before the current jumping craze. Just practice a lot till you find you're good and competent. I found a section of unused ground and made my own track. And dress for the crash. Buy all the protective gear you can.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…