installing CR style brake lines on front

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
Look, I know all the pros have there front brake lines routed ala CR style.... This company Rideengineering.com sells a kit to convert your yam, suz,kaw to this style.....
I am sure it improves the front braking prowess, but do normal joes like us really need it or will notice it.
Just seeing if anyone out there has done the conversion if you would recommend it or is it somewhat hype....?
thanks.

johnf3

Mar 21, 2000
The primary improvement comes from the fact that the aftermarket kits are braided stainless steel and offer better braking feel because of that. The CR style routing is better because it is more direct, but I doubt it makes a difference otherwise. Until Honda's patent expires on their routing style, non-Honda owners are stuck with the round a bout brake line.

Tracktor2

Oct 3, 2001
I have done it on a KX and A YZ. I did't notice much improvement at all. I used a Fastline both times. On the YZ I ended up going to and actual CR Master cylinder and brake line. That was an improvement! I think the actual CR line is better than the aftermarket. If you are going to do it this is what I would recommend. (or just buy a cr...............) Giles

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Well the 03 KX has the best brakes of all the 03s and still uses the old master cylinder and line and floating disk.How come its better?-they beefed up the mounts for the caliper.

cahillmd

Mar 8, 2001
I just put the ride engineering kit on my yzf450. To me, the brake pull feels more positive, and the overall brake feel is more positive.

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
I've got pictures of both kits on my picture page. The DSP kit looks cleanest and seems sturdier to me. With a little work with a grinder you can essentially make the ride clamp out of you stock clamp.

freakstyle11

Nov 28, 2002
I did the route

I could tell a diff in stopping, brakes did not fade, were more precise. I dont know if it was the CR Brake line or the New BelRay SuperDot 4 fluid.

I suspect the Fluid more then the brake line. I am not impressed

Looks pretty though

Top Bottom