Internet Mechanic Help Needed Please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProMed

Sep 17, 2004
Sorry my explanation is long-winded... but any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The bike is an 02 CR250, that last week was running great. Since last week the bike has been cleaned up and parked inside my house since I was putting it up for sale in the newspaper. I removed the Steahly flywheel weight by putting a thick piece of rope in the spark plug hole to stop the engine from turning over(this was recommended in the directions. The rope came out looking the same as when it went in so I assumed that no part of it had dropped inside the engine...

I stick a new air filter in a couple days later and try to crank it but the kickstarter is frozen stiff. I pull the plug and left side cover to turn the flywheel by hand and it turns over by hand and by turning the rear wheel with it in gear, compression feels normal. I put the plug and flywheel cover back on and then I can't turn the wheel again... it is frozen. So I loosen up the bolts on the flywheel cover and now it will turn again by the rear wheel. I try this several different times but it appears this cover was unrelated with the locked up rear wheel since it was not consistant with the changing variables.

I take the flywheel cover all the way off and try again to crank with the kickstarter, but before I can even kick it is obvious the kicstarter is just locked in the up position and will not budge an inch... I pulled the clutch plates and basket out and everything looked great. Tonight my buddy and I will split the cases, he feels that it may be a spring or something with the kickstarter that has come loose and locked everything up. I am worried that part of the rope may have came off inside the head and caused this...?...

I plan to pull the cylinder head to see if I can see anything down there, but imagine the jug will be very tough to get off if there is a piece of rope locking it up. Any tips on how to get the jug off if this is the case? heat gun?

Any ideas on what I should check?

My bike appears for sale in the paper this morning and it is now locked up... :bang:

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom