W. Murderface

Apr 20, 2009
im looking at getting a klx125, its real cheap and in good condition. heres the list.

1. '5 ''11 / 160
2. dont know, im sure i get aggressive.
3. i plan to ride trails, woods, maybe tracks but not to compete.
4. ive ridden my friends kx250fr and took it real easy, but the klx110 is easy to rip around.
5. most likely not
6. yes, very.
7. not sure, most likely 4 stoke. looking at klx125.
8. not going to a dealer.
9. about a grand or so.
10. nope, not cali.
11. 26 years old.
12. dont want to start out over my head, i dont mind upgrading if i have to. just want something i can have fun on.

thanks.

2strokesrock

Oct 7, 2008
why don't you want a 2 stroke?

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
With a 1k budget you're pretty much restricted to a used 125 or 250 2 stroke. The KLX125 is a play bike for kids about 10-12 years of age and about 5' tall. If all you are looking for is the equivalent of a pit bike to play ride on then go for it but otherwise it's completely unsuitable for you for pretty much anything else. Also at 160lbs if you do start to get aggressive and get much in the way of air the frame on that klx will have a short lifespan.

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
Like others have said, it is very much the wrong choice.

You will tower over that bike. With your feet on the pegs and your butt on the seat your knees will be up so high that standing up for the whoops will be equivalent to a deep knee bend exercise. Your weight on that short of wheel base and small wheels will shift the center of gravity so high that you are just asking for a trip over the handlebars. A 125cc four stroke will not have enough power to keep you satisfied for long.

A bike suited for your size should have a 21" front wheel and either 18" or 19" rear wheel. The seat height should be 34 to 38 inches.

If you are looking for an inexpensive four stroke I would recommend something like a Yamaha TTR-230. It will be difficult to find one under $1K however. If you would consider a two stroke you can pick up a 10 year old 125cc model that would suit you well, have lots of life left in it (as long as the maintenance was kept up) and could be found for $1k or less.

Rod

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom