It Doesnt Rain In California?

duke

Oct 9, 1999
Man, now I know how the rest of the country lives. Here in sunny southern California we have been facing rains that folks in the south and mid west consider to be the norm. I am tired of having to abstain from riding becuase of the muck, and have begun searching the net for mud riding tips. Cabin fever is getting the best of me. So much for my dream of retiring to the Northwest.

Bill

Woodsquest

I love DRN!
Dec 15, 2004
Rock and hard terrain tires suck in the mud, don't they? In my neighborhood, we got 9 FEET of snow over New Years and expected another 4 feet by Sunday evening. Driving down the highway is like driving in a tunnel with the snow walls so tall.

dante

Mar 24, 2004
Woodsquest said:
Rock and hard terrain tires suck in the mud, don't they? In my neighborhood, we got 9 FEET of snow over New Years and expected another 4 feet by Sunday evening. Driving down the highway is like driving in a tunnel with the snow walls so tall.

9 feet :eek: 4 more :eek: jeese that's crazy...

notenuftoys

Sep 3, 2004
"we got 9 FEET of snow over New Years and expected another 4 feet by Sunday evening "

Hmmm.. replace the front wheel with a ski, and put a fat paddle wheel on the back. I wonder how that would work?

:laugh:

Think Heavenly would have a problem with you getting on the slopes? :yikes:

McRider

Jan 25, 2000
I used to live in SoCal and I prayed for rain every winter. The riding will be the best it gets, with grass in the desert, damp sand for traction, and flowers in the spring. It only happens every ten years or so, so take advantage of it while you can.

duke

Oct 9, 1999
Yea, I have ridden in mud and snow in the higher elevations of those mountains in the Southern California riding areas (Hungry Valley), and have always enjoyed the challenge. As we speak I am seeking some archive info on how to jet for 30 degree temps.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas

MUDMAX

Jan 7, 2003
Okiewan said:
Wonder if you can just cruise around on that thing?

I've never drive one of that thing but I did see it at work.....It is awesome !!! You can do every motocross tricks, but on the snow with one of that beast !

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom