Its good to be riding again

wayneg

~SPONSOR~
Aug 29, 2001
Hello

Well my back injury is finally fixed and I've been riding in a couple of trials again. Its really great to just be back riding a bike again!

We had a fantastic trial on the weekend, the sections for my grade were setup really well. They were challenging and technical but lots of fun - which means easy enough for someone with my level of skills to have a fair chance of cleaning them (probably a bit too easy then....).

It was also good to be riding my 'new' bike that I bought just before I buggered my back 2 years ago. Its still on the original brake pads, tyres and chain and sprockets, so is pretty much like brand new, and seems to suit me well.

I really got a good sense of achievement by riding at a good level for me. Its such a nice feeling to be able to clean all of the sections at some time during the trial, even though there was plenty of scope for stupid dabs at several places in most of the sections.

Its got me pumped up to have another go at another event this weekend. Hopefully now that I've got my confidence up again, it will make each event more enjoyable than the last, and I might even start to improve my skill level some more.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Good to hear you are repaired and doing well Wayne! I really miss my Monty and the fun of trials, I'm working on getting one back in my trailer.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
During the first trial I attended, I cleaned all sections and all laps. Final score = 0. I made the local news lol. Trust me I didn't stay long in that category! Glad you have fun riding, I miss the sport sometimes.

TY250

Nov 30, 2005
well done wayneg. I'm getting back on the old TY soon. I've been off the bike due to a hernia op a couple of months ago and I'm itching to get riding!

pesky nz

Sep 13, 2010
hello wayneg Pesky saying hello from Waitomo. I found a post where you mentioned me riding my gas gas at an enduro, and in 2006 I rode half of the Northland enduro but prior to that I mostly rode the hybrid I built by combining 1986 rm125 with 1995 jt35 motor. I wish I had time to make another one with the same clean running docile big bore 2 stroke engine modern suspention (adjusted to my secret formular) and sub100 kg weight. I get most of my riding on Britton Adventure rides as a guide/ leader sweep rider, but still hop around on my 06 txt pro.

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
Good to hear man. I missed out completely on 2010 for riding my YZ. I had major health issues starting in March, and I had surgery in early August, and now I am almost out of the water. I am praying that spring 2011 I will be back with a vengeance! Not riding SUCKS!!!

Last edited:

pesky nz

Sep 13, 2010
riding riding riding

Good to hear you will never give up hope of riding. Handlebars are my religion and I try to worship every Sunday. I recovered from anLl4-5 spinal fusion done 12 oct 05 and rode my first enduro on last week in jan 06. The 11 year hasn't started yet so still plenty of time. ( but we will still get our day started about 18 hour ahead of the yanks)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…