whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
3.141592654 * ( (56/2) ^ 2 ) * 54.5 /1000= 134.233970920112
So why do we refer to it as a 133? Who cares.

Don’t know how long this post will stay here, as I’m sure it will offend someone. I finally got “a” cylinder back from Forward Motion. Assembly went well as it was an “off the frame” rebuild. Eric provides all the gaskets, clips, pin, and piston. A bearing; if you ask for it. Only complaints I had about the delivered product, was a slight dent in the corner of the cylinder base, must have been a result of shipping, and there were only four cylinder head washers returned. After cleaning the dirt out of the head, assembly went flawlessly. Keep on hand white lithium, and USE it, especially on the head o-rings. I also wear latex gloves while I’m working on the bike, makes clean up a whole lot easier. Get an extension for your torque wrench, you’ll need it. The piston ring did measure a ring gap of .30 mm, stock specs call for .50 to .70mm. I reinstalled the carb with a new cable and jetted the thing with a 60 pilot (1 jet size richer) and a 330 main (2 jets leaner) current needle height is #3. I ran two stationary heat cycles at no more than ¼ throttle short blips, one 5 min, with a full cool down and the second was for 7 min. Plug looks perfect, a slight tan to brown color, and a little wet. Third heat cycle was run on the street, 2nd and 3rd gear ¼ throttle under load for 15 minutes. Showed signs of being rich, so I turned the airscrew out to a full 3 turns. Fourth and fifth heat cycles were done Sunday at Poole Rd., an area with lots of flats so the bike could be opened up. Fourth cycle ½ throttle max under load 15 min. Fifth cycle ¾ max throttle for 15 min. The 3 turns out proved the ticket, as the bog went away and the plug color is mocha and not as wet. A compression check shows 180 psi., way up from the 122 psi. reading I got two months ago, this was taken after the break-in was complete, yea 180 psi., I got a pic. So break-in done, let it cool, have lunch with my son and 45 min. later we are off riding, this thing is a different bike, I have some jetting issues on the lower end but the mid and top are dialed in perfect, the hit is hard and wide from mid on up. Next week I’ll take it up to the practice track and finish the jetting, put some realistic loads on it and get better clues to dialing it in. Fuel specs, mix rates, parts list, etc. available upon request. Pictures are posted so take a look if ya want.

http://community.webshots.com/album/31676653VEqJMJtpPK

http://community.webshots.com/album/31852932MTfNbjEuil

Later, I’m going riding.
And Eric, Thank you, thank you, thank you, it was worth the wait.
Dave:)

Durt Cycler

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
Sounds like you did a good job on rebuilding, buuuut I see you have used automotive antifreeze :scream: . Might as well order a new water pump seal now! Good job on using distilled water :D

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
lol whyzee i guess you dont want my pipe and v-force after all. Now you can easily smoke me. Good luck with the new engine and as always be careful!!!!:)

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Hey Marc,

Think I'll stick with the stocker pipe, not an aftermarket pipe out there that I find worth the money, your V-force has me interested though.

And you, ya you...be careful too.
Dave:cool:

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
yeah the v-force...It is a little costly but i found it to be a worthy purchase. It definetly improved the top end most noticably, and the bottom was improved also but not as much as the top. I think you should get a pipe, honestly, just my opinion, but when i installed my fmf fatty, it definetly made a huge improvement. I had a smile on my face all day, but with the 133 installed who needs a pipe right? :)

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
Durt cycler, why do you think that automotive antifreeze is bad for bikes? I use tap water with automotive antifreeze and water wetter in the winter and it is fine, no leakage or deposits.

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
Automotive antifreeze has abrasive particles included to scour deposits and keep them in solution. Not good for your plastic water pump impeller.

Top Bottom