ktm300mxczz

Mod Ban
Oct 17, 2000
i love ktm I have one but ide buy jap parts for the 125 are impossible to get tyhe jap bikes handle 100 percent better ktms last alot longer but pistons and cranks are very very hard to get and are very very expensive. Ill go jap next time

Maru16

Mar 29, 2001
so..:think what you're saying is or trying to say is:

you love KTM as you have a KTM, but you'd buy japanese parts for the 125 but are impossible to get. But the japanese bikes handle 100% better but the KTM's last longer. But the pistons and cranks are very hard to get and are very expensive. But you will buy the japanese parts next time.

But how are you going to go about getting the parts if you said that they are impossible to get? If you bought them from overseas or something, wouldn't that be quite pricey? :think
Though the KTM's probably do last alot longer, wouldn't you want more of something that handled better,.. more so than a bike that lasted longer? I mean, you wouldn't want to be stuck with a bike, that, even though its guaranteed to last a lifetime, the handling/riding sucks.

(i think i'm confused.:think )

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
ktm300mxczz,

I'd suggest that next time you post, you may want to do so in English.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
LOL!

I tried to translate the post on babelfish, but it just gave more mumbo-jumbo and said something about "no reference for a dead language".

So I plugged it into the dialectizer and got this "Redneck" verion:

i love ktm ah have one but ide buy jap parts fo' th' 125 is impostible t'git tyhe jap bikes han'le 100 percent better ktms last alot longer but pistons an' cranks is mighty mighty hard t'git an' is mighty mighty expensive. Ill hoof it jap next time

The message was still unclear so I tried a "Jive" dialect:

i love ktm ah' have one but ide steal jap parts fo' de 125 is impossible t'get tyhe jap bikes handle 100 puh'cent betta' ktms last alot longa' but pistons and cranks is very real hard t'get and is very real 'espensive. Ill go jap next time

Heck even pig latin was a no-go:
iyay ovelay ktmay Iyay avehay oneyay utbay ideyay uybay apjay artspay orfay ethay 125 areyay impossibleyay otay etgay yhetay apjay ikesbay andlehay 100 ercentpay etterbay ktmsay astlay alotyay ongerlay utbay istonspay andyay ankscray areyay eryvay eryvay ardhay otay etgay andyay areyay eryvay eryvay expensiveyay. Illyay ogay apjay extnay imetay

The message just isn't decipherable. I give up! :confused:

-jeffd

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
So what ktm300mxczz is saying is:

"KTMs are good, but they suck. Japanese bikes suck, but they're better. I want a Japanese bike that sucks in a different way than how the KTM sucks."

I could be wrong, though. I gleaned that from one of jeffd's translations. I speak fluent Redneck.
:D

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by XRpredator
So what ktm300mxczz is saying is:

"KTMs are good, but they suck. Japanese bikes suck, but they're better. I want a Japanese bike that sucks in a different way than how the KTM sucks."

I could be wrong, though. I gleaned that from one of jeffd's translations. I speak fluent Redneck.
:D

Thanks a million Pred, I think...
Let's see if I got it:
So the suckiness of KTMs and Jap bikes has a defining boundary. They both suck, but on separate parallel planes existing in a void somewhere in the time/space continuum. It is all clear now.:confused:

-jeffd

andymstevens

Mar 10, 2000
ktm300mxczz

you really flooded these guys with ammo on that one!

KTM parts for 125s (and everything else) are pricey. Lemme guess, you roasted the top end and the took out the crank. Question: Do you use the $20 dollar plug that's recommended? Just wondering. If you do, you're a rare bird.

You can get bearings from a company in SoCal called CBR. Ask for Charlie Rowlett. He may be able to help with some of the seals too. Look to the aftermarket for what you can, but for the crank, rod and piston stuff, you might want to get the KTM parts.

Andy
Prepared to be flamed and fully expecting it.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
I never realized Boomhouer from King of the Hill was indeed a real person. Happy, happy day!:confused:

Dang that dang ol'ktm sucks whowhee dang not as much as Jap dang ol' bike...hmm dang ol'parts

needsprayer

Oct 24, 2001
ktm300mxczz,

All you need is a little understanding and a technical editor.

Edited version:

I love my 125 KTM! However, parts for the 125 (pistons and cranks) are very, very hard (almost impossible) to get and are very, very expensive.

KTMs last alot longer than Jap bikes. However the Jap bikes handle 100 percent better than the KTM bikes and parts are easier to get. Next time I'll buy a Jap bike.

End of editing.

By the way, why is your name ktm300mx when you are riding a 125? Do you need a little help with that as well?

Last edited:

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Jeffd, That is the best! I knew that some of these kids, no matter what they said, could be translated into anything understandable! LOL!!!! :)

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
This was my interpretation:

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

like what a dog hears when you talk to them

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom