rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Got this off of Racer X, i was looking forward too see him in the mix of things...

ROCKSTAR/Suzuki’s Lawrence Out For Hangtown
- press release -

Heel injury suffered at Glen Helen’s Prequel sidelines ROCKSTAR
speedster until – at least – High Point next weekend

CORONA, Calif., (May 18, 2006) – Tough news out of the ROCKSTAR/Suzuki camp today as Jason Lawrence announced that he won’t be able to race Hangtown this weekend due to a heel injury he suffered at the Prequel at Glen Helen (May 15).

Lawrence, expected by many to be podium contender this summer in the AMA Lites class, injured his foot in the second-to-last lap of the opening 125 class moto at Glen Helen – a moto in which he came from 27th place to win.

“I went and saw the doctor, it’s not broken, but the doctor said
that I shouldn’t ride this weekend,” said Lawrence. “I was like
‘No way,’ and went out and tried to ride today. But turns out he was
right. My foot hurt so much I couldn’t even put it down or apply
pressure on the peg.”

Lawrence, who earned three top ten overall finishes racing the Nationals -- with his best result being an 8th place run at his home track in Binghamton, N.Y. - said he hopes to return for High Point next weekend (May 28th).

The remaining ROCKSTAR/Suzuki athlete, including Sean Hamblin, Mike Brown and Ryan Mills will all return to action this Sunday for the
opener of the Toyota AMA Motocross Championship at Hangtown (May 21st).

Team ROCKSTAR/Suzuki would like to thank its sponsors: Bill’s
Pipes, Alloy, Moto Metal Custom Wheels, Dunlop, Renthal, Renthal
Chain Wheels, Torco, K&N Filters, One Industries, 661, Sunline/ARC, RG3, Moto-Master, Hinson, UFO Plastics, Quiksilver, AC Racing, PPG.

Top Bottom