Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
The Wizard GP, Rocky Hill, CT

Photo: Art Pepin

After spending the last few months focusing on the NETRA series, we had a break in the schedule and it just happened to be a race weekend for the JDay GP series (check outwww.jdayoffroad.com). The race was hosted at Rocky hill MX and I really wasn’t sure how John Day would put together a super fun course for the Wizard GP. But he did it! The woods had some nice ruts and not a rock in sight! Best of all, this track was only about 45 minutes from our house, so travel wasn’t an issue. When we got there I found out that a lot of my race buddies from the NETRA series had the same idea, so I got to rip it up with my boys Brian D, Anthony F, Mikey D, and the rest of the gang. Great times!!!!! I decided to sign up for 2 classes to make it worth the effort, plus I needed the seat time anyways to get used to the fast flowy stuff again.

Photo: Art Pepin

My first moto was the Junior moto 1: My start was pathetic, I ended up way in the back. I have sort of accepted the fact that the Husky won’t give me any hole shots due to the starting procedure, so I wasn’t too upset. 30 minute motos are long sprints, there was plenty of time to go to work and reel in the leaders. And that’s just what I did. It took me a few laps, but ultimately I made the pass for first and started to build a gap. That’s when I made what would be the only mistake of the day. I tried to pass a couple of lapped riders on the inside of turn one. These 2 guys were battling each other and did not realize it was me coming up on them, so one guy thought the other guy was making a pass and sort of tried to block him…only…it was me…and I ended up hitting the corner post with my rear wheel as i was braking into the turn. I ended up flipping over the bike, the bike flipped over me, bottom line, the posts are not just plastic. It was a good crash (anyone have it on video?). I got up quickly, but lost the lead and got going again in 2nd place. The bike was pretty tweaked and I really could not push as it was hard to steer, so I rode to the finish in 2nd place. Dad grabbed the bike and started working on it, we had about a ½ hour until my next moto.

Story Continues here:
http://www.neuwirth747racing.blogspot.com/2014/08/the-wizard-gp-rocky-hill-ct.html?m=1

Top Bottom