04kdxchris

Aug 26, 2004
i was wondering about the port/polish that jeff fredete does. i was going to send my cylender out this winter to get it done but i was wondering if its worth the 150. i want to send my carb out to maybe. whats the website for the rb carb. i want to get as much done over the winter that i can afford. i would also like to send my forks out because ive never taken forks apart and i dont want to start with my kdx. i read that with the rb carb mod and the porting that with a rev pipe you get as much low end as a tourque with an otherwise stock bike.. is that true? thanks
chris

gn83tm

Dec 30, 2002
I'd say the $150 to port the cylinder is the most bang-for-the-buck you can get. Jeff did the work on my motor and I'd highly recommend him. I haven't done the carb mods yet but I think Jeff does something there also, although it probably isn't as extensive as the RB mod. He also did the fork and shock work on my DX and it worked very well. Plus he's a nice guy who's accomplished a lot with the KDX and is dedicated to it.

04kdxchris

Aug 26, 2004
thanks for the help... i guess october 17 is gonna be my last ride until next year. ive got my first harescramble on the 17 so after that ill tear the bike down and send my cylender and carb out. i cant wait its gonna be nice once i get everything done well not the hole in my walet but everything will be nice i love the low end of the kdx but i want the top end too so with the carb mod and porting itll be nice. thanks
chris

fuzzy

~SPONSOR~
Jul 26, 2002
I'd say the $150 to port the cylinder is the most bang-for-the-buck you can get

I agree as far as the motor dept goes. Worth loads more than a pipe that costs MORE!

IMO, do the susp first. You're probably already lifting the throttle in certain situations where you wouldn't need to if your susp was properly setup for you--meaning you're not even using what the stock powerplant has to offer. Just speculation and my opinion based on my (il)logic...:)

Top Bottom