Langf

Sep 25, 2002
After my bike kept fouling plugs i took some of you guys advice and put the needle up one notch, and i havnt fouled a plug yet. The problem is the throttle seems a little less responsive than before, is this due to my needle adjustment or do you think i got some crap in my carb whilst i had it open? cheers

KX125pinball

Jul 28, 2002
When is it less reponsive??? If its full throttle then maybe the main is too lean. You would have to put a bigger main jet in. It sounds like the midrange was too rich before. I would check the main jet size and i ussually go back to standard and see how its running.

Langf

Sep 25, 2002
I havnt touched the air screw, my manual says that the air screw should be 2 turns out, does this mean i tighten the screw all the way and then turn it out twice? cheers

yz250roost

~SPONSOR~
Oct 16, 2000
yeah turn it all the way in then back it out two turns,

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
You need to set the airscrew for best throttle responce.Try going richer and leaner with the airscrew and roll the throttle on and off and feel for the responce when riding.A different needle clip position will need an alteration to the airscrew setting as the 2 overlap slightly.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom