jetting carb

f7

Apr 23, 2004
I have a 1991 kx250 right now it has a 158 main jet air fuel screw at 3 turns out and a 52 slow jet.There is actually oil that comes out of the silencer onto the rear fender.The mixture is 32:1 and I am using a synthetic oil called golden spectro.I am only running this set up because this is how I bought it.Bike runs great but is kind of a hard starter maybe 8 to 10 kicks and she is running.First it pops out of the pipe once then a few kicks later its running. Dealer tells me main jet stock is a 155 my manual tells me it is a 175 thats a big diffference if you ask me,does anyone know what combination I should be running.I live in upstate ny ,and I mostly trail and field ride.Any input would be appreciated.

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
According to Kawasakis wwebsite the main jet is 160 but they list all the pilot jets as optional. check HERE for exploded view parts diagram search "view parts diagrams" left side of page.
check HERE for lots of excellent carb tuning info.

stretch169

Apr 19, 2003
You may want to try running a synthetic oil that can be run ay 40 or 50:1, especially if you are not racing. That should cut down on the oil dripping. Have you checked the needle setting? That may be worthwhile as well, because it could be set too rich. Good luck!

Dave

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…