Dan105

Aug 23, 2002
I have a 01 CR250 and was riding this winter in 30 degree weather and the bike and plug were great. The honda comes soo rich that their stock jetting worked good for my winter jetting. Stock settings are 420main,35 pilot,clip in middle,air screw 1 3/4out. Well after fighting with my bike for a while im all messed up. The other day I was running a 410 main and the stock 35 pilot clip in the middle. I was riding at sea level in tight single track and I was not hard on the engine and it was pretty much all below half throttle stuff. SO the bike was loading up on me so I figured it was time to go to summer jetting finally. The 410 was for spring type temps. I dont know much about jetting so i was playing it safe. So I put in the 400 yesterday and left everything else stock. Well it was way too lean in 60 degree weather. SO today I put the clip in the # 5 spot to richen it up. and it was way too rich. I dont know what to do. If im not going past mid throttle am I even using the main jet????????? My plug was white yesterday so thats why i went all the way to the bottom with the clip.

Faded

~SPONSOR~
Jan 7, 2003
Dan, I think Motometal had an 01 and has numbers that would get you close.

The main jet has the most effect while WFO. All the circuits overlap a bit, so the needle will affect the main to a certain degree. If you are loading up at smaller/lower throttle openings then it sounds like the pilot might need to be leaned out depending on where your airscrew ends up. If your air screw is best at less than 2 turns out, then try going up 1 clip at a time on the needle. Hope this helps.

Dan105

Aug 23, 2002
Thanks Faded. Well my friend has a 01 and it runs perfect, I finally got ahold of him and have his jetting specs. He got all his carb info from manchester honda in CT. They have always had a race team and so they helped him out.
I guess the hot setup is to run a kawasaki part, its the S-4 nozzle. So I should see that part by weeks end and im going down one size on the pilot with the AS 1 1/2 out and clip in middle with stock needle and stock 420 main. I am confident that with this setup my headaches are over. Ive been reading a lot on DRN about jetting the last few days and im beginning to understand carbs. thanks

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom