kbud

Aug 28, 2002
I have a jetting problem with my 1991 KX 125. Its running rich enough to drip spooge outta the silencer. after about a ride, the stinger is black. I have a Pro Circuit pipe and a boyeson rad valve. The jetting is stock except for the main is 1 size smaller. Could i be burning oil?

little jeff

Aug 20, 2002
Sounds like you are abit rich, where though, that's the question. It all depends on what kind of conditions you are running in. Hot days, cold days, high altitude, etc. Check out Eric Gorr's website, it will give you all kinds of info on jetting. What kind of oil do you use?
Jeff

los36

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
how do you ride your bike? trails? mx? play?

MX bikes are meant to be ridden in the power all of the time. I KNOW that I have been racing my bike rich all summer long since I never re-jetted for the heat and humidity, but I get no drool from my silencer. The inside of the stinger is dry and light gray.

Spooge is not neccessarily related to jetting.

kbud

Aug 28, 2002
well, i ride the occasional mx or harescrambles but mostly ride on my farm. All though i dont think that it is spooging cause i dont keep it in power. Think i need leaner pilet jet?

Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
50:1 really isn't that good for a 125. You should be running 32:1 but 40:1 is ok. Were does the bike feel rich? Try making the pilot jet, needle, and main jet leaner, one at a time. Making sure that you arent too lean, you know you are if the bike boogs way down and dont want to move, also the idle becomes much higher if running lean. This may reduce some spooge.

RJH

Jun 15, 2002
That’s a good article by Maxima USA. Killing the idle for the turns is one way of improving engine breaking, slowing for a turn. Just one thing however - for those with older bikes that may have a TMX or TM, the idle airscrew adjustment would be about 2 ½ turns max before you change the pilot jet. The 1 ¾ turns out, he makes reference to, would be for the very efficient OEM TMXx carb. Bob Hogg :cool:

kbud

Aug 28, 2002
it felt rich in the pilet jet area, then i leaned the pilet and it runs great but i dont like the spooge

Top Bottom