jetting??

cr25096er

Apr 16, 2002
for my winter riding i went up to a 175 main from a 170 on my 96cr250. my bike before was flat on the top end but now it isnt...i wonder if for the summer riding i should only go down to a 172? But here is my question. w/ the 170 main my bike seemed to pick up better on the lowend. like even if i wasnt in the right gear it would pull right into powerban but now it dosnnt as quickly as before. now i understand that putting a richer main in made the bike richer so i guess now i should mess w/ the pilot jet? turn the air screw out a little? any imput?

cr25096er

Apr 16, 2002
also could damaged reeds have anything to do w/ what i described? my bike has been a bit harder to start lately so it could be a possibility. what should i torque the bolts that hold the reed cage onto the cylinder? like 13-16ft lbs?

cr25096er

Apr 16, 2002
compression is pretty high, it will stop me if i dont kick it like hell. it runs like a charm after its started but ill probly just mess w/ the air screw or something.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…